Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation
Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation (ECI) majors generally follow one of three career paths:
- Corporate innovation path (CI): Help launch new products, secure venture capital, market existing services to new industries, or bring other innovative ideas to companies.
- Venture capital path (VC): Help start, grow, or mature small companies.
- Independent venture creation path (IVC): Start your own business
Some ECI majors follow traditional corporate career paths, serving as innovators within the corporate environment.
Academy to consider: Entrepreneurial Innovation Academy
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your “outside” courses. At least four courses must be selected from Major Path Requirements.
- Major electives: Select at least three Elective courses.
- Outside courses: Select at least three Outside courses.
- Minor requirements: A total of 6.0 credit hours are required. At least three courses must be selected from Major Path Requirements.
- Minor electives: Select a fourth course from Major Path Requirements, or at least one course from Elective or Outside course column.
Certain electives and outside courses are more recommended for the different ECI career paths—work with your advisor to chart the best curriculum for your interests.
|Courses||Major CI Path||Major VC Path||Major IVC Path||Minor||Electives||Outside Courses|
|BUS-J 522 Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation|
|BUS-W 504 New Venture Business Planning|
|BUS-W 506 Entrepreneurship: Leadership & Practice|
|BUS-W 508 Social Entrepreneurship & Economic Development|
|BUS-W 510 Sustainability Experimental Course|
|BUS-W 511 Venture Strategy|
|BUS-W 574 Corporate Entrepreneurship & Innovation|
|BUS-D 595 International Management|
|BUS-J 501 Developing Strategic Capabilities|
|BUS-W 505 Power, Persuasion, Influence and Negotiation|
|BUS-W 532 Organization Design Alternatives|
|BUS-Z 525 Organizational Behavior & Leadership|
|BUS-A 545 Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis & Valuation|
|BUS-F 509 Financial Analysis for Corporate Decisions|
|BUS-F 517 Venture Capital & Entrepreneurial Finance|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research|
|BUS-M 512 Marketing Strategy|
|BUS-M 513 Marketing Strategy Simulation|
|BUS-M 522 New Products Management|