Johannes G. Denekamp
jdenekam [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Senior Lecturer
- PhD, Ohio State University, 1988
- MA, Ohio State University, 1985
- BA, Wayne State University, 1983
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Wayne State University, Detroit MI, Assistant Professor
- Southern Methodist University, Dalas TX, Visiting Assistant Professor
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Teacher of the Year, 1994, Financial Management Asssciation, WSU
- Faculty Advisor, Young Entrepreneur's Association
- Faculty Advisor, Finalist Team in the Enterprise Creation Competition
- Coordinator, Young Entrepreneur's Day
- Coordinator, Spirit of Enterprise Undergraduate Business Plan Competition Strategic
- Planning Assistance, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Monroe County
Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship
Golf, Skiing, Sailing, Mountain Biking.
- 2000 Global Management Development Program
- Advisor to Senior Policy Analyst
- Project WorldTech, US Defense Intelligence Agency
- Faculty Mentor to CEO's of Small Businesses, HELPNET
Denekamp, J. (2008), “Tackling Complex Business Decisions in Uncertain Environments,” Presentation to Kelley Direct In-Residence, January.
- National Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers, Fort Worth TX, Represented the Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship and Indiana University. Reported on JCEI issues as part of numerous informal panels and colloquia, October 2003.
Denekamp, J. (2002), “Managing your business through an unsettled economy,” National Air Transportation Association Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana, March.
Baughn, C. C. and J. Denekamp (2002), "Intellectual property protection and the formation of international technology," Academy of International Business Conference, July.
- Denekamp, Johannes G. (2002), "Book Review of The Dynamics of International Competition, Claori, Atamer and Nunes (eds.), London: Sage, 2000," Organization Studies, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. pp. 157-159.
Denekamp, Johannes G., C. Christopher Baughn, and Richard N. Osborn (2001), "Prevalence of technology - intensive international alliances," International Journal of Asian Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 31-50.
The institutionalization of international alliance configurations: Conference on competing through alliance networks: Changing dynamics of industry structure, Barcelona Spain, June 27-29, 1999 with (R. Osborn and C. C. Baughn).
Denekamp, Johannes G., Osborn, Baughn, Hagedoorn, and Duysters (1998), "Embedded patterns of international alliance formation," Organization Studies, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 617-638.
- Denekamp, Johannes G., R. Osborn, C. C. Baughn, and J. Stevens (1997), "Managing intellectual capital in international alliances," The Journal of World Business, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 103-116.
Denekamp, J., R. Osborn, and C. C. Baughn (1997), "Assessing the durability of U.S.-Japanese alliances," Academy of Management Meetings, Boston, MA, August.
Denekamp, J., Hagedoorn, Duysters, Osborn, and C. C. Baughn (1996), "The evolution of technology alliances in the United States and Europe," Academy of International Business Meeting, Banff, Alberta, Canada, November.
- Denekamp, Johannes G., Baughn, Duysters, Hagedoorn, and Osborn (1996), "Embedded patterns of international alliance formation: The emergence of hybridization," Proceedings, European Science Foundation Conference, Modena, Italy.
- Denekamp, J., R. Osborn, and C. C. Baughn (1996), "Controlling the transfer of tacit knowledge in interorganizational alliances," Third World Conference: IFSAM, Paris, France.
Denekamp, J., R. Osborn, and C. C. Baughn (1995), "The prevalence of technology-intensive international alliances," Proceedings of the European Science Foundation Conference, Jouy-en-Josas, France.
- Denekamp, Johannes G. (1995), "Intangible assets, internalization & foreign direct investment in manufacturing," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 493-504.
Denekamp, J., R. Osborn, and C. C. Baughn (1995), "Emerging network complexity in U.S. - Japanese alliances," Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Vancouver, B.C., August.
Denekamp, J. and R. Osborn (1994), "The role of culture in alliance formation: A study of U.S.-Japanese high-tech trade," Academy of International Business Conference, Boston, MA, November.
Denekamp, J., R. Osborn, and C. C. Baughn (1994), "The formation and prevalence of international alliances in technology intensive areas," Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, August.
Denekamp, J. and R. Osborn (1994), "Regional and global dynamics: The new global dynamics stemming from interfirm alliances in high-tech," 3rd Western Academy of Management International Conference, Brisbane, Australia, July.
Denekamp, J. and R. Osborn (1994), "Hybridization, dominance, turbulent cores & relational outcomes in the analysis of international alliances," MERIT, Maastricht, The Netherlands, March.
Denekamp, J. and R. Osborn (1994), "Using patterns of alliance formation & trade to chart developmental trajectories in international high-tech," Western Academy of Management Conference, Sante Fe, NM, March.
- Denekamp, J. and C. C. Baughn (1994), "Configurations of inter-organizational alliance characteristics arising from the formation and retention of U.S./Japanese alliances," The Best of Management Worldwide: Linking Management Scholarship, IFSAM, Dallas, TX.
- Baughn, C. C., J. Denekamp, and R. Osborn (1993), "Networks of interfirm alliances in high-tech: Implications for international trade," Proceedings of the European Science Foundation Conference, Berlin, Germany.
Denekamp, J. and R. Osborn (1993), "Predicting U.S. net exports to Japan in selected high-tech areas: The influence of international alliances," Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, August.
- Denekamp, J. (1992), "Substitution and complementarity of U.S. exports and foreign affiliate sales: The case of the developing nations," Allied Social Science Associations, New Orleans, LA, January.