We offer courses integral to the Kelley School’s skills foundation, including Compass courses to help you find your best professional direction.
While Communication, Professional, and Computer Skills (CPCS) does not offer a major, classes in our area are required for all Kelley undergraduate students.
Communication Skills CoursesBefore enrolling in I-Core, all Kelley students are required to take:
- C104: Business Presentations (or C106: Business Presentations: Honors)
- C204: Business Communication (or C205: Business Communication: Honors)
In both C104 and C204, you will participate in a team case competition analyzing a real business issue and working with real executives. These are corporate sponsored with cash prizes for the top teams. In addition, each semester the student from C204 showing the most improvement is awarded the Myers Writing Scholarship.
Accounting majors are required to take:
All majors can opt to take:
Professional Skills Courses
All business majors are required to take:
- T175: Kelley Compass I: Apprentice
- X220: Career Perspectives
- X420: Business Career Planning and Placement
Students can opt to take:
- X498 or X499: Internships
Computer Skills Courses
All Kelley freshmen are required to take:
Check your registration and appointment date and time through OneStart.