Welcome from the Director
George M. Telthorst
"Through our corporate contacts as well as innovative educational programs, we’re building a reputation as a leader in improving the business of life sciences."
Educating Kelley students, faculty, and friends about the extraordinary trends and challenges of companies and other organizations that comprise the value network of life sciences is the singular mission of the Center for the Business of Life Sciences (CBLS).
Since CBLS was founded in 2008, the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical devices industries, as well as goods and services providers, consultants, healthcare providers, health care insurance companies, and non-government and government organizations have come to think of the Kelley School and Indiana University as the best place to find business and science talent.
While our Kelley business students don’t plan to be scientists, CBLS works with graduate and undergraduate students from departments across Indiana University. Through the center, these students from every discipline learn from each other and from industry experts. And through our corporate contacts as well as innovative educational programs, we’re building a reputation as a leader in improving the business of life sciences.
That reputation is based on a number of bedrock strengths:
- our industry advisory board composed of leaders of the top life sciences companies and organizations.
- a long list of individual, company, academic, government, and other supporters who make our work possible.
- targeted outreach through our Indiana Life Sciences Collaboration Conference Series.
- a fast-track to new executive career options through our Executive Certificate in the Business of Life Sciences Program (ECBLS). ECBLS reaches out to up-and-coming executives who rose up in life sciences organizations from scientific backgrounds.
- access to prestigious Kelley faculty whose academic research focuses on the business and economic issues and challenges of life sciences companies.
Welcome to the CBLS, and let us know how we can connect with you. As director of the center, I look forward to opportunities to work with you in the near future.
Center for the Business of Life Sciences