Jerrold J. Stern
stern [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 550F
- Professor of Accounting
- PhD, Business Admin. Acct/Tax Concentration, Texas A&M University, 1979
- MBA, Accounting/Tax, Texas A&M University, 1977
- BS, Business Admin. Accounting Concentration, Northeastern University, 1976
- Transfer credit research studies regarding three introductory accounting courses, 2011-present
- Research Fellow, Real Estate Center, Texas A&M University, 1990-present.
- Chair, Technology Committee, American Taxation Association, 2007-2009, 2013-2014
- Departmental Assessment Coordinator and principal author of the “Assurance of Learning Report”, Kelley School of Business, 2008
- Kelley School Elected Representative, Bloomington Faculty Council, 2005-2007/2008-2009
- Editor, Advances in Taxation, 1989-1993
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Ford Motor Company curriculum development grant, 2001-2002
- UBS Brinson research grant, 2000-2001
- Kelley School of Business Innovation in Teaching Award, 2000
- National Center for Automated Information Research (NCAIR) teaching grant, 1993-1994
- Ernst & Young Research Grant (co-authors - Richard W. Houston, Toby Stock), 1992
- Dow Technology Innovation Teaching Award and Grant, 1991-92
- Various other education awards
Taxation, Tax Aspects of Investing, Tax Planning, Accounting Curriculum, Business Transfer Credits
Local Music, Jazz, Theater, and avoiding yard-work
Stern, Jerrold J. (2013), Tax Concepts and Analysis (13th Edition).
Stern, Jerrold J., (2013), “The Tax Auditor Cometh,” Tierra Grande, journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University.
Stern, Jerrold J., (2012), “Taxmageddon,” Tierra Grande, journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University.
Stern, Jerrold J. (2010), “Cost Segregation Yields Cash Flow,” Tierra Grande, Journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University
Stern, Jerrold J. (2007), “Microeconomic Approach to Teaching Tax,” Chapter 11, Methods, Topics and Issues in Tax Education: A Year 2001 Perspective, Republished by the American Taxation Association Read Abstract ››
Stern, Jerrold J. (2006), “Principal Residences and Tax-Free Exchanges,” Tierra Grande, Journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University, April, p. 23.
Fisher, Jeffery D., Brent C. Smith, Jerrold J. Stern, and R. Brian Webb (2005), ”Analysis of Economic Depreciation for Multifamily Property,” Journal of Real Estate Research, October-December, pp. 355-369. Read Abstract ››