Rebecca J. Slotegraaf
- Associate Professor of Marketing
- Whirlpool Faculty Fellow
- PhD, University of Wisconsin, 2000
- MSM, Purdue University, 1992
- BBA, Grand Valley State University, 1990
- Associate Professor of Marketing and Whirlpool Faculty Fellow, 2008 - present
- Eli Lilly Faculty Fellow, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2005 - 2008
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2000 - 2008
- Lecturer of Marketing, School of Business, University of Wisconsin, 1999 - 2000
- Senior Project Director, Research Data Analysis, Ford Motor Company's Marketing, 1992 - 1995
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 2008
- American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Faculty, 2008
- Faculty Research Award, Kelley School of Business, 2007
- Marketing Science Institute Young Scholar, 2007
- 3M University Relations Faculty Grant, Indiana University, 2005, 2006
- Jagdish N. Sheth Award for the Best Article in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 2004
- American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, USC, 1999
- ISBM Business Marketing Doctoral Support Award Competition, finalist, 1998
- UW Representative, Haring Symposium, Indiana University, 1997, 1998
- J. Howard Westing Marketing Scholarship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995, 1996
Marketing Strategy, Marketing Capabilities, New Product Development, Brand Management
Rebecca joined the faculty in 2000, and currently teaches marketing strategy and centers her research on new products, brand management, and the strategic deployment of marketing resources. Current research projects include the impact of brand equity and innovation on the long-term effectiveness of promotions, the power of co-branding alliances, team longevity in the new product process, and resource complementarities in innovation outcomes and acquisition performance. She won the 2004 Jagdish N. Sheth Award for the best paper in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science and publishes in multiple outlets, including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Organization Science, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Decision Sciences, and Journal of Consumer Psychology. Rebecca currently serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Marketing and was named to the Marketing Science Institute’s Young Scholars list in 2007.
- Olsen, Mitchell C., Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, and Sandeep R. Chandukala (2014), “Green Claims and Message Frames: How Green New Products Change Brand Attitude,” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 78, No. 5 (September), pp. 119-37.
- Mishra, Saurabh and Rebecca J. Slotegraaf (2013), “Building an Innovation Base: Exploring the Role of Acquisition Behavior,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 41, issue 6, pages 705-721.
- Slotegraaf, Rebecca J. and Kwaku Atuahene-Gima (2011), “Product Development Team Stability and New Product Advantage: The Role of Decision-making Processes,” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 75, No. 1, January, pp. 96-108.
- King, David R. and Rebecca J. Slotegraaf (2011), "Industry Implications of Value Creation and Appropriation Investment Decisions," Decision Sciences, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 511-529.
- Morgan, Neil A., Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, and Douglas W. Vorhies (2009), "Linking Marketing Capabilities with Profit Growth," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 26, pp. 284-293.
- King, David R., Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, and Idalene Kesner (2008), "Performance Implications of Firm Resource Interactions in the Acquisition of R&D Intensive Firms," Organization Science, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 327-340. Read Abstract
- Slotegraaf, Rebecca J. and Koen Pauwels (2008), "The Impact of Brand Equity and Innovation on the Long-term Effectiveness of Promotions," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 293-306. Read Abstract
- Grewal, Rajdeep and Rebecca J. Slotegraaf (2007), "Embeddedness of Organizational Capabilities," Decision Sciences, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 451-488. Read Abstract
- Jain, Shailendra P., Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, and Charles D. Lindsey (2007), "Towards Dimensionalizing Warranty Information: The Role of Warranty Redemption Costs," Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 70-80. Read Abstract
- Luo, Xueming, Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, and Xing Pan (2006), “Cross-Functional Coopetition: The Simultaneous Role of Cooperation and Competition within Firms,” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 70, No. 2, pp. 67-80. Read Abstract
- Slotegraaf, Rebecca J. and J. Jeffrey Inman (2004), “Longitudinal Shifts in the Drivers of Satisfaction with Product Quality: The Role of Attribute Resolvability,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 269-280. Read Abstract
- Slotegraaf, Rebecca J. and Peter R. Dickson (2004), “The Paradox of a Marketing Planning Capability,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 371-385. Read Abstract
- Slotegraaf, Rebecca J., Christine Moorman, and J. Jeffrey Inman (2003), “The Role of Firm Resources in Returns to Market Deployment,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 295-309. Read Abstract
- Moorman, Christine and Rebecca J. Slotegraaf (1999), “The Contingency Value of Complementary Capabilities in Product Development,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 239-257. Read Abstract