- PhD Entrepreneurship, Indiana University, 2014
- B. Sc. Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2007
- Instructor of Senior-level Strategy Class at Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2010 - Present
- Production Engineer at Dow Chemical, Texas City, TX 2008-2009
- Reliability Engineer at Dow Chemical, Texas City, TX 2007-2009
- Engineering Research Assistant in the Martin Group, Troy, NY 2005-2007
- Co-founder & Consultant, So True, LLC Houston, TX 2006-2007
Corporate Venturing, eLancing, Entrepreneurship methodology
Reading for personal enjoyment, Psychology & Motivation, Making the world a better place.
- Corporate Venturing & Corporate Governance
- Using a configurational approach to CEAI as antecedents of Financial Performance
- Organ Transplantation as a Metaphor for Acquisition Integration
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Institutional Pressures
Sola Lawal is a 5th Year Doctoral Student of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business. He is currently working on research in three different streams. The first research stream deals with corporate venturing in large organizations and the role of human resource practices that allow such venturing to occur and flourish. Second, he is working to inform the academic community about eLancing, or Internet freelancing, and the effects it can have on both practitioners and academics. Finally, he is doing research in mergers and acquisitions, specifically in acquisition integration. He has presented at Academy of Management, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), and the Diversity Education Forum. He has also published Human Resource Management Review and the Journal of Business Venturing.
- Aguinis, H. and S. O. Lawal (2012), "Conducting Field Experiments Using eLancing’s Natural Environment," Journal of Business Venturing, 27(4): 493-505.
- Aguinis, H. and S. O. Lawal (2012), "eLancing: A review and research agenda for bridging the science-practice gap," Human Resource Management Review.
- Samuels, A.B., Greenfield, L., Lawal O., and L.L. Martin (2004), “Optimization-Based Modeling of T-Lymphocyte Cell-Cell Contact Leading to Immune Response,” Proceedings of the 2004 AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization Conference.