Kenneth A. Carow
- Associate Dean for Indianapolis Research and Programs
- Professor of Finance
- Hatfield Fellow
- Chartered Financial Analyst, 2007
- PhD, Purdue University, 1993
- BS, Truman State University, 1988
- Assistant Professor, University of Tulsa
- Graduate Instructor, Purdue University
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009
- Outstanding Paper Award, Midwest Finance Association 2003
Banking, Debt Design, Financial Institutions, Insurance
- Carow, K., E. Kane, and R. Narayanan (2011), “Safety-Net Losses from Abandoning Glass-Steagall Restrictions,” Journal of Money Credit and Banking, Vol. 43, No. 7, October, pp. 1371-1398.
- Carow, K., R. Heron, E. Lie, and R. Neal (2009), “Option Grant Backdating Investigations and Capital Market Discipline,” Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 562-572.
- Adams, B., K. Carow, T. Perry (2009), “Earnings Management and Initial Public Offerings: The Case of the Mutual Thrift Industry,” Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 33, No. 12, pp. 2363-2372.
- Carow, K., S. Cox, and D. Roden (2009), “Demutualizations: Determinants and Consequences of the Mutual Holding Company Choice,” Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 33, No. 8, pp. 1454-1463.
- Carow, K., S. Cox, and D. Roden (2007), “The Role of Insider Influence in Mutual-to-Stock Conversions,” Journal of Money Credit and Banking, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 1285-1304.
- Carow, K., E. Kane, and R. Narayanan (2006), “How have Borrowers Fared in Banking Mega-mergers,” Journal of Money Credit and Banking, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 821-836.
- Carow, K., S. Cox, and D. Roden (2004), “Mutual Holding Companies: Evidence of Conflicts of Interest through Disparate Dividends,” Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 277-298.
- Carow, K., R. Heron, T. Saxton (2004), “Do Early Birds Get the Returns? An Empirical Investigation of Early-Mover Advantages with Acquisitions,” Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 563-585.
- Carow, K. (2001), “The Wealth Effects of Allowing Bank Entry into the Insurance Industry," The Journal of Risk and Insurance, Vol. 68, No. 1, pp. 129-150.