- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- PhD in Business Administration, Smeal School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University, 2008
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Indian Institute of Management, 2001
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, 1999
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Indiana University, 2011-present
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Kenan-Flegler Business School, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2007-2011
- Area Sales Manager, Pramati Technologies, India, 2001-02
- Graduate Summer Intern, Sales, Coca-Cola India Pvt. Ltd., 2000
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Smeal Doctoral Dissertaion Award, 2006
- Peter Liberti and Judy D. Olian Scholarship, 2006
- ISBM Business Marketing Doctoral Fellow, 2005
- ISBM Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2005
- David T. Wilson Scholarship, 2005-06
- ISBM Scholarship, Penn State University, 2005-07
- AMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Connecticut, 2005
- Paul F. Anderson Scholarship, 2004-05, July 2010
- Haring Symposium Fellow, Indiana University, 2004
- Smeal Small Research Grant from the Dean's Office, 2004
- Best Candidacy Exam Performance, Penn State University, 2004
- Smeal Scholarship, 2002
Open Innovation, Social Networks, Marketing Strategy, Technology Management
- Mallapragada, Girish, Rajdeep Grewal, Raj Mehta, and Ravi Dharwadkar (2015), "Virtual Interfirm Relationships: Examining Heterogeneity in the Effects of Dependence Structures on Relational Outcomes," forthcoming, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Grewal, Rajdeep, Alok Kumar, Girish Mallapragada, and Amit Saini, “Efficacy of Channel Control Mechanisms in Foreign markets: The Role of Multinational Corporations’ Global Strategies and the Host Country Environment,” Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 50, issue 3, pages 378-398.
- Grewal, Rajdeep, Murali Chandrasekharan, Jean L. Johnson and Girish Mallapragada (2013), “Environments, Unobserved Heterogeneity, and the Effect of Market Orientation on Outcomes for High-Tech Firms”, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 41(2), 206-233.
- Mallapragada, Girish, Rajdeep Grewal and Gary Lilien (2012), “User-Generated Open Source Products: Founder’s Social Capital and Time-to-Market”, Marketing Science, Vol. 31, May/June, pp. 474-492.
- Grewal, Rajdeep, Gary Lilien and Girish Mallapragada (2006), "Location, Location, Location: How Network Embeddedness Affects Project Success in Open Source Systems," Management Science, 52 (7), 1043-1056. Read Abstract