- Associate Professor of Information Systems
- Arthur M. Weimer Faculty Fellow
- Co-Director, Kelley Institute for Business Analytics
- PhD, University of Arizona, 2002
- MBA, Management Studies, University of Bombay, 1994
- BE, Electronics, Malaviya Regional Engineering College, 1992
- Associate Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2008–present
- Assistant Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2002–2008
- Assistant Consultant/Consultant, IBM Consulting Group, India, 1995–1997
- Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited, India, 1994–1995
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- 2011 Provost's Award for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity, Indiana University
- 2011 Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2006 and 2010, Trustees' Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2008 Harry C. Sauvain Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2006 and 2007, Outstanding MSIS Faculty Award, awarded by the graduating MSIS Class.
- 2005 and 2008, Nominated for the best paper award at HICSS in the "Collaboration Systems and Technology" track.
- 2007 Finalist for the best paper award for "Usability of Online Services: The Role of Technology Readiness and Context" by the Decision Sciences Journal.
- 2003 SBC Fellow, Indiana University.
- 2000 Jim L. LaSalle Award for Teaching Excellence by a Graduate Student Instructor, Department of Management Information Systems, University of Arizona.
Data lifecycle management, Data visualization, Predictive analytics, Semiotics and database design, Cognitive aspects of data management, Data governance
- Khatri, Vijay, Sudha Ram, Richard T. Snodgrass, and Paolo Terenziani (2014), “Capturing Telic/Atelic Temporal Data Semantics: Generalizing Conventional Conceptual Models,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 26(3): 528-548. Read Abstract
- Khatri, Vijay and Carol V. Brown (2010), “Designing Data Governance,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 148-152. Read Abstract
- Montoya, Mitzi, Anne P. Massey, and Vijay Khatri (2010), “Connecting IT Service Operations to Service Marketing Practices: Trust in IT Service Providers,” Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 65-85. Read Abstract
- Massey, Anne, Vijay Khatri, and Mitzi M. Montoya-Weiss (2007), “Usability of Online Services: The Role of Technology Readiness and Context,” Decision Sciences, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 277-308. Read Abstract
- Khatri, Vijay, Iris Vessey, Sudha Ram, and V. Ramesh (2006), “Cognitive Fit between Conceptual Models and Internal Problem Representations: The Case of Geospatio-Temporal Conceptual Schema Comprehension,” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Vol. 49, No. 2, June, pp. 109-127. Read Abstract
- Khatri, Vijay, Iris Vessey, V. Ramesh, Paul Clay, and Sung-Jin Park (2006), “Understanding Conceptual Schemas: Exploring the Role of Application and IS Domain Knowledge,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, March, pp. 81-99. Read Abstract
- Ram, Sudha and Vijay Khatri (2005), “A Comprehensive Framework for Modeling Set-based Business Rules during Conceptual Database Design,” Information Systems, Vol. 30, No. 2, April, pp. 89-118. Read Abstract
- Khatri, Vijay, Sudha Ram, and Richard T. Snodgrass (2004), “Augmenting a Conceptual Model with Geo-spatio-temporal Annotations,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 11, November, pp. 1324-1338. Read Abstract