- Hatfield Venture Faculty Fellow
- Associate Professor, Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- PhD, Indiana University, 1995
- BA, University of Virginia, 1985
- Visiting Associate Professor, Queensland University, Brisbane, Australia
- Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Director, Project Manager, Strategic Analysis, Inc.
- Group Manager, Project Director and Business Analyst, Markowitz & McNaughton, Inc.
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Multiple teaching awards including the Eli Lilly Teaching Award, Trustees Teaching Award, Best Professor in MBA Program
- Best paper awards for research
- Editorial Review Boards: Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management
Venture strategy, launch and growth; Entrepreneurial ecosystems; Competitive and corporate strategy; Corporate image and reputation; Factors affecting alliance and acquisition success
Professor Saxton serves on the advisory boards of several organizations including CIK/PERQ, a measured marketing software and services firm; Diagnotes LLC, a healthcare IT startup; Fight For Life, not-for-profit for social-emotional learning for deserving but underserved youth; VisionTech Partners angel investment network; Venture Club of Indiana; and Startup Indiana Chapter of Startup America.