Philip T. Powell
- Clinical Associate Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy
- Chairperson of Kelley Direct
- PhD , Vanderbilt University, 1995
- BA , University of South Carolina, 1991
- Faculty Chair, Full-Time MBA Program (Bloomington, 2009 - 2012)
- Faculty Chairperson, Evening MBA Program (2006 - 2009)
- Faculty Co-director, MBA Discovery, Innovation, and Ventures Enterprise (2005 - 2007)
- Faculty Director, MBA Health Care & Life Sciences Academy, Bloomington (2002 – 2005)
- Visiting Scholar, Pacific Islands Development Program, East-West Center, Honolulu (2003)
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Lilly Alumni MBA Teaching Award: 1999, 2002, 2005
- Trustee’s Teaching Award: 2000
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award: each year 1997 - 2007
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award: 1998, 1999, 2000
- Rendigs Fels Excellence in Teaching Award: 1995
Economic and Institutional Development in Pacific Island States; Business Strategy in Health Care and Life Sciences
- Hiatt, J., Hutchens, M., Ortiz, R., & Powell, P. 2011 (May 16). The South Pacific Business Development Foundation: Fighting Poverty in Fiji. Ann Arbor: Globalens, William Davidson Institute, University of Michigan, Case 1-429-169. (and separately published Teaching Note) Read Abstract
- Powell, Philip T. and Ron Laufer (2010), “The Promises and Constraints of Consumer Directed Healthcare,” Business Horizons, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 171-182. Read Abstract
- Hill, John and Philip T. Powell (2009), “The National Healthcare Crisis: Is ehealth a Key Solution?,” Business Horizons, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 265-277. Read Abstract
- Russell, Clifford S. and Philip T. Powell, 2007. "Practical Considerations and Comparison of Instruments of Environmental Policy" in Environmental Planning, J. Van Den Bergh, Kenneth Button, and Peter Nijkamp, eds. Edward Elgar Publishing, Northampton, MA, pp. 147-68.
- Powell, P. T. (2006), "Ethnic Heterogeneity, Economic Integration and Atomistic Federalism in the Pacific," Pacific Economic Bulletin, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 53-69. Read Abstract
- Powell, P. T., 2005. "Too Young to Marry": Economic Convergence and the Case Against Integration of Pacific Island States" in Pacific Island Regional Integration and Governance, S. Chand, ed. Asia Pacific Press, Canberra, Australia, pp. 218-239.
- Powell, Philip T., 2004. "A Theory of Atomistic Federalism for Melanesia," Pacific Economic Bulletin, 19(3): 49-63.
- Powell, Philip T. and Roger. W. Schmenner, 2002 (lead article). "Economics and Operations Management: Towards a Theory of Endogenous Production Speed," Managerial and Decision Economics, 23: 331-42.