F. Robert Jacobs
- Professor Emeritus of Operations Management
- Chase Faculty Fellow
- Honors I-Core Faculty Lead
- PhD, Operations Management, Ohio State University, 1979
- MBA, Ohio State University, 1976
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Ohio State University, 1972
- BS, Computer Science, Ohio State University, 1972
- Indiana University, 1982-present
- University of Houston, 1979-82
- Ohio State University, 1975-79
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Past President and Fellow of the Decision Sciences Institute
- Board of Directors, APICS - The Association for Operations Management
- MBA Teaching Innovation Award
- Students Award for Teaching Excellence in International Business Issues
- Teaching Excellence in Operations Management
Supply Chain Design, Supply Chain Planning and Control, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Jacobs, F. Robert, and Peter Salzarulo (2014), "The Incremental Value of Central Control in Serial Supply Chain," International Journal of Production Research, 52(7): 1989-2006.
- Jacobs, F. Robert and Richard Chase (2012), Operations and Supply Chain Management – The Core (3rd Edition), Chicago: Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
Cattani, Kyle, F. Robert Jacobs, and Jan Schoenfelder (2011), “Common Inventory Modeling Assumptions that Fall Short: Arborescent networks, Poisson Demand, and Single-Echelon Approximations,” Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29, Issue 5, July, pp. 488-499.
- Jacobs, F. Robert and Richard Chase (2010), Operations and Supply Chain Management (13th Edition), Chicago: Irwin/McGraw-Hill.