- BA, Indiana University, 2008
- MBA, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 2011
- JD, Magna Cum Laude, Indiana University, Maurer School of Law, 2011
- Owner/Manager, One-Eighteen, LLC (a commercial real-estate and boutique hotel business)
- Of Counsel, Associate & Summer Associate, Bose McKinney & Evans, LLP
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Order of the Coif (2011)
- John Edwards Fellowship (2010)
- Forte Fellowship (2010)
- Phi Beta Kappa (2007)
- Palmer Brandon Prize
• Legal aspects of entrepreneurship • Ethics and small business management • Small businesses in low-income countries
Abbey Stemler is a practicing attorney and a lecturer in the Department of Business Law and Ethics. She also owns and manages a real estate and hotel business in Bloomington, IN. Abbey earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, an M.B.A. from Indiana University Kelley School of Business, and a B.A., highest distinction, from Indiana University-Bloomington. Prior to joining the Kelley School faculty, Abbey practiced law at Bose McKinney & Evans in Indianapolis, IN.
- Stemler, Abbey (2013), "The JOBS Act and Crowdfunding: Harnessing the power - and the money - of the masses," Bus. Horizons 56:271.