David B. Audretsch
- Adjunct Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, Kelley School of Business
- Distinguished Professor, Ameritech Chair of Economic Development
- Director, Institute for Development Strategies
- Director, SPEA Overseas Education Program
- Ph.D, University of Wisconsin, 1980
- M.S., University of Wisconsin, 1979
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude), Drew University, 1976
- Visiting Professor, King Saud University, Graduate Studies and Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, January 1, 2010 – present
- Honorary Professor of Industrial Economics and Entrepreneurship, Economics Group, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany, July 1, 2009 – present
- Director, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group Max Planck Institute of Economics, October 2003 - August 2009
- Kauffman Scholar in Residence, Marion Ewing Kauffman Foundation, 2006 - 2008
- Director, West European Studies, Indiana University, 2001 - 2004
- Professor of Economics, Georgia State University, 1996 - 1997
- Visiting Research Professor, Tinbergen Institute, The Netherlands, 1997
- Acting Director, Wissesnchaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung, 1989-1991
- Research Professor, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung, 1985-1997
- Assistant Professor, Middlebury College, 1980 - August 1987
Economic policy, entrepreneurship, innovation, globalization, regional economic policy, industrial restructuring and government policy, small enterprises in Europe and the United States
Jazz Music and hiking
- Audretsch, David B. and Al Link (2012), "Valuing the Entrepreneurial Enterprise," Oxford University Press.
- Aldridge, T. Taylor and Audretsch, David (2011),“The Bayh-Dole Act and Scientist Entrepreneurship,” Research Policy, Vol. 40, Issue 8, October.
- Grichnik, Dietmar, Michl, Theresa, Sprrle, Matthias, Welpe, Isabell M. and Audretsch, David (2011), “I Think It’s Good but I’m Also Afraid: The Interplay of Opportunity Evaluation and Emotions as Antecedent of Entrepreneurial Exploitation,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 36, No. 9.
- Wiklund, Johan, Davidsson, Per, Audretsch, David and Karlsson, Charlie (2011), “The Future of Entrepreneurship Research,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 35, Issue 1, pages 1-9.
- Agarwal, Rajshree, Audretsch, David and Sarkar, Mitrabarun (2010), “Knowledge Spillovers and Strategic Entrepreneurship,” Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Vol. 4, No. 4, December, 271-283.