Jane P. Mallor
- Professor of Business Law
- Chair, Department of Business Law and Ethics
- JD, Indiana University School of Law
- BA, Indiana University
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Alpha Kappa Psi, Teaching Award for “Teacher Who Most Encourages Class Thinking”, 2000
- Innovative Teaching Award, 1998
- Dow Technology Teaching Award, 1993
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award, 1993
Internet law, Contract law, Punitive damages
Jane Mallor Eveleigh Professor of Business J.D., Indiana University School of Law (1976); B.A., Indiana University (1972) Professor Mallor has been a member of the Kelley School’s Business Law faculty since 1976. She was appointed Eveleigh Professor of Business in 2004. In this role she is involved in infusing business ethics instruction and programming throughout the undergraduate curriculum in the Kelley School. Her research has focused on contract issues involving the internet, punitive damages, and unconscionability in contract law. Her work has been published in the Hastings Law Journal, Washington University Law Quarterly, North Carolina Law Review, and a variety of other law journals. She is the recipient of eleven teaching awards for undergraduate and graduate teaching, including the Trustee Teaching Award (2007), the Kelley Direct Program’s Teaching Excellence Award (2005), two Student Alumni Council Awards (1983 and 2003), the Amoco Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching (1985), and others. She is also co-author of a business law textbook, Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment. She regularly teaches an MBA course on business law and ethics in the Kelley School’s Kelley Direct Program (C550) and an undergraduate introductory business law course (L201/L293).
- Mallor, Jane P., A. James Barnes, Thomas Bowers, and Arlen W. Langvardt (2010), Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment (14th Edition), Burr Ridge, Illinois: McGraw-Hill/Irwin
- Mallor, Jane P., A. James Barnes, Thomas Bowers, Arlen W. Langvardt, and Michael J. Phillips, Business Law and the Regulatory Environment, (Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 11th ed. 2001).
- Mallor, Jane P. and Barry Roberts (1999), "Punitive Damages: On the Path to A Principled Approach?," Hastings Law Journal.
- Mallor, Jane P. and Frona Powell (1990), "The Case for An Implied Warranty of Quality in Sales of Commercial Real Estate," Washington University Law Quarterly, Vol. 68.
- Mallor, Jane P., Terry Dworkin, and Laura Ginger (1988), "Theories of Recovery for Sexual Harassment: Going Beyond Title VII," San Diego Law Review, Vol. 26, pp. 125-159.
- Mallor, Jane P. (1987), "Discriminatory Discharge and the Emerging Common Law of Wrongful Discharge," Arizona Law Review, Vol. 28, pp. 651-671.