Julie Manning Magid
- Associate Professor of Business Law
- Hatfield Fellow
- JD, University of Michigan
- AB, Georgetown University
- Associate, Faegre, Baker & Daniels, Indianapolis, IN
- Associate, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, Columbus, OH
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best Conference Paper Award, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Life Sciences Research Fellow, Center for the Business of Life Science
- Ralph C. Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding Article in American Business Law Journal
- Indiana University Trustees’ Teaching Award
- Schuyler F. Otteson Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award
- Charles M. Hewitt Master Teacher Award (Finalist and Overall Winner), Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- The Howard G. Schaller Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Outstanding Reviewer, American Business Law Journal
- Distinguished Service Award, Tri-State Regional of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business
Corporate governance and board leadership, Microfinance and the developed world, Workplace gender issues, Privacy and ethics, Trademark and marketing law
- Prenkert, Jamie Darin, Julie Manning Magid, and Allison Fetter-Harrott (2013), "Retaliatory Disclosure: When Identifying the Complainants is An Adverse Action," North Carolina Law Review, 91:889-948.
- Magid, Julie Manning, Mohan Tatikonda, and Philip Cochran (2009), "Radio Frequency Identification and Privacy Law: An Integrative Approach," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 46, pp. 1-54.
- Magid, Julie Manning (2006), "Co-Branding Requires Strong Contract Protections," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 34, No. 4.
- Prenkert, Jamie Darin and Julie Manning Magid (2006), "A Hobson’s Choice Model for Religious Accommodation Under Title VII," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 43, pp. 467-514.
- Magid, Julie Manning, Anthony D. Cox, and Dena S. Cox (2006), "Quantifying Brand Image: Empirical Evidence of Trademark Dilution," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 43, pp. 1-42.
- Magid, Julie Manning and Jamie Darin Prenkert (2005), "The Religious and Associational Freedoms of Business Owners," University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor and Employment Law, Vol. 7, pp. 191-224. Reprinted in International Journal of Civil Society Law (2005), Vol. 3, pp. 14-22.
- Magid, Julie Manning (2003), "Contraception and Contractions: A Divergent Decade Following Johnson Controls," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 41, pp. 115-144.
- Magid, Julie Manning (2001), "Pregnant with Possibility: Reexamining the Pregnancy Discrimination Act," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 38, pp. 819-856.