Julie Manning Magid
- Associate Professor of Business Law
- JD, University of Michigan
- AB, Georgetown University
- Associate, Faegre, Baker & Daniels, Indianapolis, IN
- Associate, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, Columbus, OH
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best Conference Paper Award, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Life Sciences Research Fellow, Center for the Business of Life Science
- Ralph C. Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding Article in American Business Law Journal
- Indiana University Trustees’ Teaching Award
- Schuyler F. Otteson Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award
- Charles M. Hewitt Master Teacher Award (Finalist and Overall Winner), Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- The Howard G. Schaller Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Outstanding Reviewer, American Business Law Journal
- Distinguished Service Award, Tri-State Regional of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business
Corporate governance and board leadership, Microfinance and the developed world, Workplace gender issues, Privacy and ethics, Trademark and marketing law
Prenkert, Jamie Darin, Julie Manning Magid, and Allison Fetter-Harrott (2013), "Retaliatory Disclosure: When Identifying the Complainants is An Adverse Action," North Carolina Law Review, 91:889-948.
Magid, Julie Manning, Mohan Tatikonda, and Philip Cochran (2009), "Radio Frequency Identification and Privacy Law: An Integrative Approach," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 46, pp. 1-54.
Magid, Julie Manning (2006), "Co-Branding Requires Strong Contract Protections," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 34, No. 4.
Prenkert, Jamie Darin and Julie Manning Magid (2006), "A Hobson’s Choice Model for Religious Accommodation Under Title VII," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 43, pp. 467-514.
Magid, Julie Manning, Anthony D. Cox, and Dena S. Cox (2006), "Quantifying Brand Image: Empirical Evidence of Trademark Dilution," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 43, pp. 1-42.
Magid, Julie Manning and Jamie Darin Prenkert (2005), "The Religious and Associational Freedoms of Business Owners," University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor and Employment Law, Vol. 7, pp. 191-224. Reprinted in International Journal of Civil Society Law (2005), Vol. 3, pp. 14-22.
Magid, Julie Manning (2003), "Contraception and Contractions: A Divergent Decade Following Johnson Controls," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 41, pp. 115-144.
Magid, Julie Manning (2001), "Pregnant with Possibility: Reexamining the Pregnancy Discrimination Act," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 38, pp. 819-856.