mjclayto [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 344
- Eli Lilly Faculty Fellow
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Ph.D., Northwestern University, 1996
- MS, Northwestern University, 1995
- BA, Carleton College, 1991
- McIntire School of Business, Assistant Professor of Commerce, 2006 - 2009
- Rutgers Business School - Newark and New Brunswick, Assistant Professor of Finance, 2002-2006
- McCombs School of Business, University of Texas, Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance, 2005-2006
- Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, Visiting Assistant Professor, 2001-2002
- Stern School of Business, New York University, Assistant Professor of Finance, 1996-2001
Corporate Finance Industiral Organization
Clayton, Matthew J. and Bjorn N. Jorgensen (2011), "Cross Holding Investment, and Product Market Relationships," Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 17, pp. 1377-1388.
Clayton, Matthew Jon (2009), "Debt, Investment, and Product Market Competition: A Note on the Limited Liability Effect," Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 33, pp. 694 – 700.
Clayton, Matthew Jon, Bjorn N. Jorgensen and Kenneth A. Kavajecz (2006), "On the Presence and Market-Structure of Exchanges around the World," Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 9, No. 1, February, pp. 27-48.
Clayton, Matthew Jon, Jay C. Hartzell, and Joshua Rosenberg (2005), "The Impact of CEO Turnover on Equity Volatility," Journal of Business, Vol. 78, No. 5, September, pp. 1779-1808.
Clayton, Matthew J. and Bjorn Jorgensen (2005), "Optimal Cross Holding with Externalities and Strategic Interactions,” Journal of Business, Vol. 78, No. 4, July, pp. 1505 – 1522.