Glen E. Coverdale (MBA '52)
Academy of Alumni Fellows 1986
Mr. Coverdale is a retired Executive Vice President and member of Metropolitan Insurance Company's Corporate Management Office. In these positions, he was responsible for the real estate and agricultural investments and related activities for more than $24 billion of company investments in mortgage loans and equity positions. Product types included office and residential buildings, hotels, shopping centers, and industrial parks. The Agricultural Investments Department maintained a portfolio of more than $2 billion in farm and ranch mortgages and equities. Mr. Coverdale was also responsible for corporate planning, quality, strategy, and other corporate initiatives.
Mr. Coverdale received his A.B. degree, cum laude, from Franklin College and his MBA degree from Indiana University. He served two years in Korea in the US Army.
After retiring from Metropolitan in 1993, he has remained active in real estate. In 1993/1994 he was instrumental in strengthening the East Coast operation of The Shorenstein Company, a prominent office building owner, developer and manager with headquarters in San Francisco. He now serves as Chairman of the Real Estate Advisory Board of the New York State Teachers' Retirement System.
Some of his notable activities and involvement have included:
- Fellow of the Life Office Management Association
- Trustee of the Urban Land Institute
- Treasurer of the Urban Land Foundation
- Certified Real Estate Counselor
- Member, Advisory Board, Real Estate Institute of NY University
- Chairman, Nominating Committee of the Real Estate Board of NY
- Member, Board of Directors of the Realty Foundation of NY
- University Fellow of Brandeis University
- Member of the Dean's Council, Business School of Indiana University
- Member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Greater New York Councils, Boy Scouts of America and President of the Exploring Division
- Recipient, Silver Beaver Award Boy Scouts of America
- Member, Board of Directors of the Community Preservation Corporation
- Member, Board of Trustees, Franklin College, Indiana