The Kelley School’s Guiding Principles
The mission of the Kelley School of Business is to transform the lives of students, organizations, and society through management education and research.
Our aim is to produce:
a) Students who are citizens of the world who have a positive impact on their organizations and on the communities in which they live.
b) Research that advances both theory and practice.
We emphasize a collaborative approach that encourages the creation of value-added partnerships among faculty, students, alumni, other universities and academic units at IU, and with private-sector and not-for-profit organizations.
At the Kelley School, we are committed to maintaining a system of values grounded on:
- Ethical conduct and integrity
- Excellence, professionalism, and pride in all that we do
- Personal initiative and individual responsibility
- Full engagement of all of our faculty and staff in pursing the mission of the School
- Ongoing innovation in our programs and scholarship
- A spirit of collaboration, civility, respect, and collegial conduct in all contexts
- Open and forthright communication
- Diversity and inclusiveness, and
- Just and equitable recognition for performance