(IU-Administered Semester Program)
Semester Exchange in Glasgow
University of Strathclyde Business School
- Culture capital of Scotland
- Blend of modern and Victorian architecture
- In top ten of Europe’s best performing financial centers
- Late January to late May—OR—
- Mid-September to late December
- Reciprocal exchange with University of Strathclyde Business School (www.strath.ac.uk)
- 15,000 undergraduate students
- Orientation upon arrival
- Courses in business taught at University of Strathclyde Business School, optional courses offered outside Business School
- 15 IU credits
- Three courses worth 5 credits each
- Residence Halls www.strath.ac.uk/accommodation
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are any business or LAMP student on the Bloomington campus only who is making normal degree progress
- are in at least your third full–time semester of college
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- have completed (or will complete) E201, E202, and Business Integrative Core for business students. E201, E202, and K201 required for LAMP students.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
Estimated Spring 2013 Costs
- Fee paid to IU: (academic fees, health insurance)
- Indiana Resident: $4174.00
- Nonresident: $13504.00
A $500 deposit will be due to Franklin Hall Room 300 within two weeks of acceptance
Miscellaneous: $3675 – $4900
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarship applications will be made available after acceptance to the program
- Edward L. Hutton International Experiences Group (HIEP)
- Find general information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities here: www.indiana.edu/~overseas/basics/finaid.shtml
Fall 2013: Monday, February 18, 2013
*Important: Because the Strathclyde Exchange Program is extremely competitive, we strongly urge you to also apply for another study abroad program through the Overseas Study Office as a backup. If you are not accepted into the Strathclyde Exchange Program, you will be considered for the other program you applied to.
IU committee screens applications for final approval. Notification of application status sent electronically within four weeks of application deadline.