Business Honors Program Application Information
Admission to the Business Undergraduate Honors Program is selective. We base admission on the following criteria:
- Your grade point average—you must have a minimum cumulative 3.7 GPA and at least 26 credits by the end of your freshman year.
- Participation in one or more extracurricular leadership activities while a freshman at IU Bloomington.
- Your resume, which should be in proper resume format and should make the clear the extent of your involvement in leadership activities.
- A brief writing sample on a predetermined topic.
- Two recommendations from IU Bloomington faculty members. Students who will have completed K201, K204, C104, and/or C106, please note: The Business Honors Program will automatically solicit evaluations from the faculty of those courses. Please make sure your instructor(s) know that you are applying to the Program; you do not need to ask them to fill out a recommendation by April 1st. If you did not enroll in those courses, you will need to ensure that you have at least two recommendations from IUB faculty. Faculty should be sent this link to fill out the online recommendation:https://kelley.iu.edu/ugradapps/onlineapps/signin/honorsrecommendation /.
- One evaluation of your leadership outside the classroom, using the same recommendation form. This evaluation may come from a club advisor, organization leader, or campus employer. The recommender should be someone with an IU username in order to access the online form.
Apply online to this program between February 1 and April 1 of your freshman year. Remember, you must be a freshman who will have sophomore standing by the end of your freshman year (26 hours of college course work) and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7.
NOTE: Students gain admission for the fall semester of their sophomore year only. The application will be available from February 1st, 2013 to April 1st, 2013 at 5pm for fall 2013 admission.
All freshmen with over a 3.4 GPA after their fall semester are encouraged to apply. We review cumulative GPAs after spring grades are recorded. Students not directly admitted to the Kelley School of Business must file a separate application to the Kelley School of Business during the same spring semester.
Please turn in any supporting materials to the Business Honors Program at 516 N. Fess Avenue.
We will notify you of your acceptance in mid-July.
For more information please contact:
Business Honors Program
Kelley School of Business, Fess House
516 North Fess Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: (812) 855-1649
E-mail: ksbhonor [at] indiana [dot] edu