External Scholarship List
Joon Park Student Leadership Experience Scholarship Award
The successful candidate will receive a scholarship award of $1000.00. The JPSLE Award exists to provide an IUB undergraduate student the opportunity to attend a conference or workshop focused on community engagement, community advocacy, and/or professional development. Special preference will be given to an undergraduate student who will present his/her work at a conference, or who has shown leadership experience on campus.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must complete the IU Joon Park Student Leadership Experience Scholarship application form available at the IU Asian Culture Center or online at www.indiana.edu/~acc. Along with this form, the applicant must also submit the following information to IU Asian Culture Center, 807 E. 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47401.
- Name, location and dates of conference
- Copy of the conference or invitation to attend or present at the conference
- Title of presentation (if applicable)
- A short summary of his/her article (if applicable)
- Budget for travel expenses (include: food and lodging, registration fees & materials, transportation, and other sources of travel funding)
- Name of IU faculty recommender. An applicant must also ask an IU faculty member familiar with his/her work to write a letter endorsing the award request. That letter should also be sent to the address above
Selection Process and Deadline:Students who wish to be considered must submit their application on or before December 1, 2014. The award is valid for a conference or workshop taking place in the 2015 calendar year (January 1 – December 31, 2015). All application forms will be reviewed by a committee. There will be one recipient each academic year. The successful applicant will be notified within 10 days after the deadline.
For more information, visit the IU Asian Culture Center website.
Typical Amount: $1,000