What is finance?
This major includes study in four main areas:
- Corporate finance involves analyzing the profitability of new prospects in which a corporation may invest and decide how to raise money for the corporation (debt, equity, retained earnings).
- Investments involves determining what fraction of your money to put into stocks, bonds, and other investments in order to obtain the highest amount of return per amount of risk taken.
- Banking involves analyzing whether various loan applicants are sufficiently credit worthy to assure loan repayment as well as other issues in managing a bank or financial intermediary.
- International finance involves working in finance outside of the United States or working in finance in the U.S. arm of a multinational corporation.
What are your career possibilities?
Options include financial analyst at a corporation, broker at an investment firm, loan officer at a bank, stock broker, insurance agent, or real estate agent.
What degrees are offered in finance at Kelley?
- Bachelor of Science in Business—Finance Major
- Master of Business Administration, Concentration in Finance
- Ph.D., Concentration in Finance
Where can you get more information?