Who do I Contact for Computing Assistance?
Who Do I Contact?
For general computing questions and specific IUB information, the Knowledge Base should be your first stop.
For the following issues, contact the UITS Support Center at 855-6789, visit them at the Information Commons in the Main Library, or send email to email@example.com
- Exchange (email server) account - passphrase; access - Outlook client or OWA; quota; mail delivery/receipt issues; PST files, etc
- IUB Print Audit account - generation, proper quota, etc
- Software (application) difficulties - MS Office; Antivirus; Spyware; Firefox; Quicktime; etc
- Operating System difficulties - Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; WindowsUpdate; Mac OS; firewalls, etc
- Laptop computing issues - OS & application installation/configuration/troubleshooting; viruses, hacked accounts, etc
- IU Central System issues - Exchange; IUB Networking; Oncourse; OneStart; IUB Account Generation (AMS); etc
- To check on the latest IU computing system outages and scheduled downtimes, see http://itnotices.iu.edu/
For the following issues, see Technology Operations in room CG 0013 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial Network configuration of personal laptop (NOTE: Professional versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7 - English version ONLY)
- Initial Outlook profile configuration
- IUB Kelley printer installation & configuration
- Loaner Laptop - up to one week, extendable up to three weeks per semester
- Ethernet cable - stop by the help desk to pick up free cables
- KSB Printer difficulties - paper jam, out of paper, low toner, etc.
To request a reimbursement on your printing quota for missing or poor quality print outs, please see Knowledge Base article http://kb.indiana.edu/data/ahpp.html.
For hardware service:
- Your vendor/manufacturer
- Retail establishments (Best Buy, Office Depot, h.h.gregg, etc)
- Local 3rd party service provider (PC Max; PC Guru; Computer Clubhouse, etc)
- Yellow pages or Google - look for "Computer Equipment - Service & Repair"