Procedures for Ordering Technology Equipment and Software
Faculty and staff who are interested in acquiring equipment or software through the use of departmental funds (RATS, POF, etc.) should be aware of the following procedures.
- Faculty/staff should initiate purchase requests through their departmental secretary (preferably the individual responsible for departmental account management).
- The departmental secretary will make a purchase request through the Technology Operations by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Technology Operations purchasing representative @ 855-6958. The request must include the following information.
- Description of the product to be ordered
- Account and sub-account number(s) to be charged
- Vendor (where to order it from) if available
- The purchasing agent will make contact with the ordering party and process the order.
- Upon receipt of the item(s) ordered, the ordering party will be notified by TSORDER and asked to either schedule an installation date/time through the Technology Operations reservation system, or arrange a pick-up time.
All pending order inquiries should be routed through the Help Desk (email@example.com; or call the main line @ 855-4247).