Aug 24, 2011
Now that all of the various graduate groups have gone through the Technology Operations & Services orientation, I wanted to let you all know that the PowerPoint slide show we used is online and available to everyone for review, etc. Point your browser to http://kelley.iu.edu/TS/sharedFiles/page1772.html to find not only the slide show, but also a Technology Tip Sheet that may come in handy.
For anyone who hasn't gotten their machine configured for use here at Kelley, here's all you need to do:
1. Come down to the TOS Helpdesk in CG 0013 to get your Ethernet cable
2. Take that cable to the grad student lounge area and plug into an open data jack
3. Boot your machine up and open a web browser
4. Go to getconnected.iu.edu and start the process NOTE: this process may take anywhere from 15 to 90 minutes, depending on your individual machine
5. Once the process has completed, come back to the Helpdesk and we'll help you set up your Outlook profile and get the right printer (ksob-prt) installed
Once these steps are completed, you're ready to go.
Associate Director of Client Services