hbala [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 560B
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems
- PhD, Information Systems, University of Arkansas, 2008
- MBA, Texas Tech University, 2003
- MS, Information Systems, Texas Tech University, 2002
- BBA, University of Dhaka, 1999
- Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS), 2011, Editorial Board
- Decision Sciences, 2008-2010, Editorial Review Board
- International Conference on Information Systems(ICIS), 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, Associate Editor
- Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), 2009, 2013, Track Chair
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Citation of Excellence Award 2012 by Emerald Management Reviews
- Nominated for the Harry C. Sauvain Teaching Award (2011) and Trustees' Teaching Award (2010, 2011) at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Best Published Life Sciences Paper in 2008 Award by the Center for Busniess in life Sciences (CBLS), Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Certified Business Process Manager, Business Process Management Group (BPMG), 2006
- Doctoral Academy Fellowship, 2003-2007, Graduate School, University of Arkansas
IT-enabled business process change and management, IT use and impacts, Strategic use of IT in health care, Enterprise systems implementation
Bala, H., and Venkatesh, V. (2013), “Adaptation to Technology: A Holistic Nomological Network from Technology Implementation to Job Outcomes,” Management Science, forthcoming.
Bala, H., and Venkatesh, V. (2013), “Changes in Employees’ Job Characteristics during an Enterprise System Implementation: A Latent Growth Modeling Perspective,” MIS Quarterly, forthcoming.
Venkatesh, V., Brown, S. A., and Bala, H. (2013), “Bridging the Qualitative-Quantitative Divide: Guidelines for Conducting Mixed Methods Research in Information Systems,” MIS Quarterly, 37(1), pp. 21-54.
Venkatesh, V., and Hillol Bala. (2012), “Adoption and Impacts of Interorganizational Business Process Standards: Role of Partnering Synergy,” Information Systems Research, 23(4), pp. 1131-1157.
Venkatesh, V., H. Bala, and T. Sykes (2010), “Impacts of Information and Communication Technology Implementations on Employees’ Jobs in Service Organizations in India: A Multi-Method Longitudinal Field Study,” Production and Operations Management, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 591-613. Read Abstract ››
Bala, H., V. Venkatesh, S. Venkatraman, J. Bates, and S. H. Brown (2009), "Disaster Response in Health Care: A Design Extension for Enterprise Data Warehouse," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 136-140. Read Abstract ››
Venkatraman, S., H. Bala, V. Venkatesh, and J. Bates (2008), "Six Strategies for Electronic Medical Records Systems," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 51, No. 11, pp. 140-144. Read Abstract ››
Venkatesh, V., S.A. Brown, L. Maruping, H. Bala, "Predicting Different Conceptualizations of System Use: The Competing Roles of Behavioral Intention, Facilitating Conditions, and Behavioral Expectation," MIS Quarterly, 32(3), 2008, 483-502. Read Abstract ››
Venkatesh, V., and H. Bala (2008), "Technology Acceptance Model 3 and a Research Agenda on Interventions," Decision Sciences, 39(2), 2008, 273-315. Read Abstract ››
Bala, H. and V. Venkatesh (2007), "Assimilation of Interorganizational Business Process Standards," Information Systems Research, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 340-362. Read Abstract ››