ikesner [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Godfrey Center, Room 3002
- Dean of the Kelley School of Business
- Frank P. Popoff Chair of Strategic Management
- Professor of Management
- PhD, Indiana University
- MBA, Indiana University
- BBA, Southern Methodist University
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Undergraduate Teaching Award: 1982
- MBA Teaching Awards: 1989, 1997, 1998, 1999,2000, 2001, 2002, 2003,2004, 2005,2006
- Executive Programs Teaching Awards: 1990, 1993, 1997
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award (TERA): 1997, 1998
- Trustee Teaching Awards: 2001, 2002, 2004
Corporate Board of Directors, Chief Executive Succession, Corporate Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions
Family activities, Foreign films
- Case: Intradevco
King, David R., Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, and Idalene Kesner (2008), "Performance Implications of Firm Resource Interactions in the Acquisition of R&D Intensive Firms," Organization Science, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 327-340. Read Abstract ››
Kesner, I. and R. Walters (2005), "Class or Mass?," Harvard Business Review, April, pp. 35-45.
- Kesner, Idalene (2003), "Leadership Development: Perk or Priority," Harvard Business Review, May, pp. 29-38.
Kesner, Idalene (2003), "Effective Crisis Management: Now More Than Ever," in M. Goldsmith, V. Govindarajan, B. Kaye, and A. A. Vicere (eds.), The Many Facets of Leadership, pp. 241-250.
Kesner, Idalene (2002), "The Coach Who Got Poached," Harvard Business Review, March, pp. 31-40.
Kesner, Idalene F. (2001), "The Strategic Management Course: Tools and Techniques for Successful Teaching," in M. Hitt, R. E. Freeman, and J. S. Harrison (eds.), Handbook of Strategic Management, Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, Ltd., pp. 671-696.