haguinis [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- John F. Mee Chair of Management
- Professor of Organizational Behavior & Human Resources
- Founding Director, Institute for Global Organizational Effectiveness
- Ph.D., University at Albany, State University of New York, 1993
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- President, Iberoamerican Academy of Management (2013-2016)
- Academy of Management Research Methods Division Distinguished Career Award
- Fellow, Academy of Management
- Fellow, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Fellow, American Psychological Association
- Fellow, Association for Psychological Science
- Inductee, Society for Organizational Behavior
- Inductee, Society for Research Synthesis Methodology
- Academy of Management Entrepreneurship Division IDEA Thought Leader Award
- Academy of Management Robert McDonald Advancement of Organizational Research Methodology Award
- Former Editor-in-Chief, Organizational Research Methods
- Personnel Psychology Best Article of the Year Award
- Journal of Organizational Behavior Best Article of the Year Award
- Academy of Management Perspectives Best Article of the Year Award
- Organizational Reseach Methods Best Article of the Year Award
- Indiana University Latino Faculty and Staff Council Distinguished Faculty Award
- Indiana University Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Building Bridges Award
Organizational Behavior; Human Resource Management; Research Methods and Analysis; and Human Capital Acquisition, Development, and Deployment (e.g., Corporate Responsibility, Domestic and International Diversity, Staffing, Training and Development, Performance Management)
Please visit his personal web page http://mypage.iu.edu/~haguinis/ for detailed information on his background, experience, and current activities.
Bergh, D. D., Aguinis, Herman, Heavey, C. Ketchen, D. J., Boyd, B. K., Su, P., Lau, C., & Joo, Harry (2015), "Using meta-analytic structural equation modeling to advance strategic management research: Guidelines and an empirical illustration via the strategic leadership-performance relationship," Strategic Management Journal, forthcoming.
Bosco, F. A., Aguinis, Herman, Singh, K., Field, J. G., & Pierce, C. A. (2015), "Correlational effect size benchmarks," Journal of Applied Psychology, forthcoming.
Aguinis, H., O’Boyle, E., Gonzalez-Mulé, E., & Joo, H. (2015), "Cumulative advantage: Conductors and insulators of heavy-tailed productivity distributions and productivity stars," Personnel Psychology, forthcoming.
Aguinis, H., & O’Boyle, E. (2014). Star performers in twenty-first-century organizations. Personnel Psychology, 67, 313-350.
Aguinis, H., & Edwards, J. R. (2014). Methodological wishes for the next decade and how to make wishes come true. Journal of Management Studies, 51, 143-174.
Aguinis, H., & Vandenberg, R. J. (2014). An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: Improving research quality before data collection. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 1, 569-595.
Morgeson, F. P., Aguinis, H., Waldman, D. A., & Siegel, D. S. (2013). Extending corporate social responsibility research to the human resource management and organizational behavior domains: A look to the future. Personnel Psychology, 66, 805-824.
- Aguinis, H., Gottfredson, R. K., & Joo, H. (2013). "Best-practice recommendations for defining, identifying, and handling outliers," Organizational Research Methods, 16, 270-301.
- Aguinis, H., Gottfredson, R. K., & Culpepper, S. A. (2013). Best-practice recommendations for estimating cross-level interaction effects using multilevel modeling. Journal of Management, 39, 1490-1528.
Aguinis, H. (2013). Performance management (3rd edition). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
Aguinis, H., & Lawal, S. O. (2012). Conducting field experiments using eLancing’s natural environment. Journal of Business Venturing, 27, 493-505.
Mathieu, J. E., Aguinis, H., Culpepper, S. A., & Chen. G. (2012). Understanding and estimating the power to detect cross-level interaction effects in multilevel modeling. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 951-966.
Aguinis, H., Suarez-González, I., Lannelongue, G., & Joo, H. (2012). Scholarly impact revisited. Academy of Management Perspectives, 26(2), 105-132.
Kruschke, J. K., Aguinis, H., & Joo, H. (2012). The time has come: Bayesian methods for data analysis in the organizational sciences. Organizational Research Methods, 15, 722-752.
O’Boyle, E., & Aguinis, H. (2012). The best and the rest: Revisiting the norm of normality of individual performance. Personnel Psychology, 65, 79-119.
Dalton, D. R., Aguinis, H., Dalton, C. A., Bosco, F. A., & Pierce, C. A. (2012). Revisiting the file drawer problem in meta-analysis: An empirical assessment of published and non-published correlation matrices. Personnel Psychology, 65, 221-249.
Aguinis, H., & Glavas, A. (2012). What we know and don’t know about corporate social responsibility: A review and research agenda. Journal of Management, 38, 932-968.
- Cascio, W. F. & Aguinis, H. (2011). Applied Psychology in Human Resource Management (7th edition). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Aguinis, H., Pierce, C. A., Bosco, F. A, Dalton, D. R., & Dalton, C. M. (2011). Debunking myths and urban legends about meta-analysis. Organizational Research Methods, 14, 306-331.
- Aguinis, H., Dalton, D. R., Bosco, F. A., Pierce, C. A., & Dalton, C. M. (2011). Meta-analytic choices and judgment calls: Implications for theory building and testing, obtained effect sizes, and scholarly impact. Journal of Management, 37, 5-38.
- Aguinis, H., Culpepper, S.A., & Pierce, C.A. (2010). Revival of test bias research in preemployment testing. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95, 648-680.