- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- PhD in Business Administration, Smeal School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University, 2008
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Indian Institute of Management, 2001
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, 1999
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Indiana University, 2011-present
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Kenan-Flegler Business School, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2007-2011
- Area Sales Manager, Pramati Technologies, India, 2001-02
- Graduate Summer Intern, Sales, Coca-Cola India Pvt. Ltd., 2000
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Smeal Doctoral Dissertaion Award, 2006
- Peter Liberti and Judy D. Olian Scholarship, 2006
- ISBM Business Marketing Doctoral Fellow, 2005
- ISBM Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2005
- David T. Wilson Scholarship, 2005-06
- ISBM Scholarship, Penn State University, 2005-07
- AMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Connecticut, 2005
- Paul F. Anderson Scholarship, 2004-05, July 2010
- Haring Symposium Fellow, Indiana University, 2004
- Smeal Small Research Grant from the Dean's Office, 2004
- Best Candidacy Exam Performance, Penn State University, 2004
- Smeal Scholarship, 2002
Open Innovation, Social Networks, Marketing Strategy, Technology Management
Mallapragada, Girish, Rajdeep Grewal, Raj Mehta, and Ravi Dharwadkar (2015), "Virtual Interfirm Relationships: Examining Heterogeneity in the Effects of Dependence Structures on Relational Outcomes," forthcoming, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
Grewal, Rajdeep, Alok Kumar, Girish Mallapragada, and Amit Saini, “Efficacy of Channel Control Mechanisms in Foreign markets: The Role of Multinational Corporations’ Global Strategies and the Host Country Environment,” Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 50, issue 3, pages 378-398.
Grewal, Rajdeep, Murali Chandrasekharan, Jean L. Johnson and Girish Mallapragada (2013), “Environments, Unobserved Heterogeneity, and the Effect of Market Orientation on Outcomes for High-Tech Firms”, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 41(2), 206-233.
Mallapragada, Girish, Rajdeep Grewal and Gary Lilien (2012), “User-Generated Open Source Products: Founder’s Social Capital and Time-to-Market”, Marketing Science, Vol. 31, May/June, pp. 474-492.
Grewal, Rajdeep, Gary Lilien and Girish Mallapragada (2006), "Location, Location, Location: How Network Embeddedness Affects Project Success in Open Source Systems," Management Science, 52 (7), 1043-1056. Read Abstract ››