P. Roberto Garcia
prgarcia [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 650B
- Clinical Professor of International Business
- PhD, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1996
- MBA, The University of Toledo, 1988
- BA, The University of Missouri-Columbia, 1983
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, August 2000-Present, Clinical Associate Professor of International Business
- MBA Program, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2005-Present, Supply Chain & Global Management Academy, Co-director
- MBA Program, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2001-2005, Global Experience Academy, Director
- Center for International Business Education and Research, Indiana University, September 2002–2003, Director
- United Way of Greater Toledo, June 1999-August 2000, Executive Vice President of Resource Development
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, September 1997-1999, Assistant Professor of International Business
- Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University, 1994-1997, Assistant Professor of International Business
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Frequently invited to lecture on a variety of International Business topics
- "Favorite Professor," IU Scholastic Achievement Award Reception - By Student Athletes Kelly Ross and David Bubenicek, 2002 & 2006
- Board member, United Way of Monroe County, Bloomington, Indiana, March 22, 2001-2004
- Nominated for Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 2003
- Nominated for Panschar Undergraduate Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 2002
- "Building a Life and A Career Through International Business," New Horizons in International Business Presentation, International Business Institute, University of Toledo, College of Business Administration, February 22, 2001
- Instructional Support Services Active Learning Grant, Indiana University, 2001
- Twenty under Forty Leadership and Community Service Award, City of Toledo, OH and Toledo Business Journal, October 12, 2000
- Graduation Commencement Address - Main Speaker, University of Toledo, College of Business, May 5, 2000
- Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, The National Honorary Business Administration society. The University of Michigan, School of Business, May 2, 1997
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Sphinx & Mortar Board Senior Honorary Societies, The Ohio State University, 1997
- Faculty Nomination, President's Salute to Undergraduate Academic Achievement, The Ohio State University, 1997
- Competition for Travel Grants for Research in Latin America, The Ohio State University, 1996
- Presidential Fellowship to Pursue Ph.D. Study, The University of Toledo, 1989-1991
- Recipient of the Kelley Direct “Teaching Excellence Award," 2010
- Recipient of the “Kelley Service Award” for contributions to international business teaching and programming, 2009
- Nominated for the “John W. Ryan Award” for Distinguished Contributions to International Programs and Studies, 2009
- Recipient of the “Innovative Teaching Award” by the Kelley School of Business, 2008
The Environments of International Business, Management of Multinational Firms, Global Leadership, International Competitive Strategies, Cross-Cultural Management, The Global Auto Industry, Managing in Emerging Economies, International Business Teaching Effectiveness
International Travel, Running, Hiking, Bicycling, Skiing
- Session Chair and Presenter, International Business Pedagogy Sessions, Academy of International Business Annual Meetings, Milan, Italy, 2008
- Visiting Lecturer, Heilbronn Business School, Heilbronn, Germany, 2009
Garcia, P. Roberto, Maureen Maguire Lewis, Richard J. Bradberry (2006), “Ford Mexico: Bridging the Learning Divide,” CIBER Case Collection at European Case Clearing House.
- Garcia, P. Roberto, Stephen Hills, and G. Keong Leong (1999), "Grupo UNIKO," in John B. Cullen (ed.), Multinational Management: A Strategic Approach, Cincinnati: South-Western College Publishing, pp. 541-551.
Garcia, P. Roberto and Stephen Hills (1998), "Meeting 'Lean' Competitors: Ford de Mexico's Industrial Relations Strategy," in S. Babson and H. Juarez Nunez (eds.), Confronting Change: Auto Labor and Lean Production in North America, Wayne State University.
Garcia, P. Roberto (1998), "Adopting the Web to Teach International Business," Indiana University CIBER, No. 11, Kelley School of Business, Spring.
- "International Business World Wide Web Page." To accompany International Business: Environments and Operations, Eighth Edition, by John Daniels and Lee Radebaugh, Reading, MA: Addison Wesley Longman, Inc., 1997.
- Garcia, P. Roberto (1997), "Nissan Mexicana: A Response to an Evolving Mexican Government Policy," International research-oriented teaching case, The University of Michigan, School of Business Administration, Center for International Business Education.
- Garcia, P. Roberto (1997), “Volkswagen de Mexico: Toward Conversion to World-Class Performance,” International research-oriented teaching case, The University of Michigan, School of Business Administration, Center for International Business Education.
- Garcia, P. Roberto (1997), "The Competitiveness of Mexico's Auto Industry in the New Global Environment: The Case of Ford," Chapter 9, in H. Thomas, D. O'Neal and R. Alvarado (eds.), Strategic Discovery: Competing in New Arenas, West Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons.