lucu [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Assistant Professor of International Business and Strategy
- Ph.D. in Strategy and International Business, University of Miami, 2014
- M.S. in Strategic Management, Peking University, 2009
- B.A. in Human Resource Management, Renmin University of China, 2006
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Recipient, Global Leadership: IM Division Best Paper in OB/HRM/OT Session, Academy of Management 2014 Annual Meeting
- Finalist, Emerging Market Firms: IM Division GWU-CIBER Best Paper Award Session, Academy of Management 2014 Annual Meeting
- Nominee, Inaugural Graduate Student Exemplar, University of Miami, 2014
- Recipient, Excellent Service Award, International Management Division, Academy of Management 2011 Annual Meeting
- Recipient, Excellent Service Award, Academy of International Business 2006 Annual Meeting
- Recipient, Merit Student of Beijing City, 2006
- Recipient, Excellent Graduate of Beijing City, 2006
Capability Upgrading, Multinational Management, Emerging Market Businesses
Moral degradation, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility in a transition economy. 2014. With Zheng, Q., & Luo, Y. Journal of Business Ethics, 120 (3), 405-421.
Autonomy delegation to foreign subsidiaries: An enabling mechanism for emerging market multinationals. 2013. With Luo, Y., Lu, X., Sun, J., & Maksimov, V. Journal of International Business Studies, 45(2):111-130.
Governing business process offshoring: Properties, processes, and preferred modes. 2013. With Luo, Y., Jayaraman, V, & Zheng, Q. Journal of World Business, 48(3):407-419.
Task attributes and process integration in business process offshoring: A perspective of service providers from India and China. 2012. With Luo, Y., Zheng, Q., & Jayaraman, V. Journal of International Business Studies, 43(5):498-524.
Foreign direct investment strategies by developing country multinationals: A diagnostic model for home country effects. 2012. With Luo, Y. Global Strategy Journal, 2(3):244-261.
Emerging economy copycats: Capability, environment and strategy. 2011. With Luo, Y., & Sun, J. Academy of Management Perspective, 25(2):37-56.