jhillier [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- PhD, Indiana University, 1990
- MBA, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 1983
- MS Counseling, Purdue University
- BA Sociology, DePauw University
- Slalom Consulting, 2008
- Director, Leadership and Organization Development, Medstar, Franklin Square Medical Center, Baltimore MD 2006-2008
- VP Organization Development & Human Resources, Peacehealth, St John Medical Center, Longview WA 2000-2003
- Hamilton Hillier, 1995-2000, 2003-2006
- Assistant Professor, Wake Forest University Babcock Graduate School of Management, Winston Salem, NC , 1993-1995
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA, 1991-1993
- McKinsey & Company, 1986-1991
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Roethlisberger Award for the best paper in the 2013 Journal of Management Education to recognize research excellence in management education.
- Nominated for Kelley School Innovation Award, 2012
Organization learning, team development, change management, organization design, leadership development, strategic management
- Service: Faculty Advisor for 180 Degrees Consulting, a select group of highly motivated undergraduate students who provide pro bono consulting services to non-profits in the Bloomington area.
- Consulting with Indiana Court of Appeals
- Consulting with Indiana Tax Court
Janet Hillier & Linda Dunn-Jensen (2013) “Groups Meet . . . Teams Improve: Building Teams That Learn.” Journal of Management Education, October, 37:704-733. Best Paper Award.