Finance majors help corporations sort out the complexities of their investment options and align them with their long-term goals. Kelley finance graduates often pursue the following careers paths:
- Corporate finance (CF)
- Financial institutions (FI)
- Investment banking (IB)
- Investment management (IM)
- Real estate (RE)
Because Kelley is a Chartered Financial Analyst Program Partner, you can work towards becoming a CFA Charterholder while pursuing your MBA.
Recommended Academies: Consulting, Capital Markets, or Strategic Finance
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your “outside” courses.
- Minor requirements: A total of at least six credit hours are required.
- Major electives: Select at least six elective courses.
- Minor electives: If one required course is completed, pick three courses from the list of electives; if two required courses are completed, pick two courses from the list of electives.
- Outside courses: Select any two additional courses from the MBA Program outside of the finance major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: A548, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
|BUS-F 520 Asset Valuation and Strategy||Required|
|BUS-F 540 The Firm in the Capital Markets||Required|
|BUS-F 506 Commercial and Investment Banking|
|BUS-F 507 Short-term Financial Management|
|BUS-F 508 Real Options in Capital Budgeting|
|BUS-F 517 Venture Capital & Entrepreneurial Finance|
|BUS-F 519 Behavioral Finance|
|BUS-F 525 Corporate Financial Risk Management|
|BUS-F 526 Derivative Securities|
|BUS-F 528 Fixed Income Investments|
|BUS-F 529 Equity Markets|
|BUS-F 535 Security Trading and Market Making|
|BUS-F 546 Corporate Financial Strategy|
|BUS-F 548 Corporate Governance and Restructuring|
|BUS-F 550 Applied Portfolio Selection|
|BUS-F 551 Special Projects in Investments|
|BUS-F 560 Current Topics in Finance|
|BUS-F 570 International Financial Markets|
|BUS-F 571 International Corporate Finance|
|BUS-F 579 Experimental Course in Finance|
|BUS-F 590 Independent Study in Finance|
|BUS-R 510 Real Estate Investment|
|BUS-R 590 Independent Study in Real Estate|