Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation
Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation (ECI) majors generally follow one of three career paths:
- Corporate innovation path (CI): Help launch new products, secure venture capital, market existing services to new industries, or bring other innovative ideas to companies.
- Venture capital path (VC): Help start, grow, or mature small companies.
- Independent venture creation path (IVC): Start your own business
Some ECI majors follow traditional corporate career paths, serving as innovators within the corporate environment.
Academy to consider: Entrepreneurial Innovation Academy
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your “outside” courses.
- Minor requirements: A total of at least 4.5 credit hours are required.
- Major electives: Select at least three elective courses.
- Minor electives: Select at least three elective courses.
- Outside courses: You must have three 1.5 credit hour courses outside the Department of Management & Entrepreneurship (not J or W prefixes).
Certain electives and outside courses are more recommended for the different ECI career paths—work with your advisor to chart the best curriculum for your interests.
|Courses||Major CI Path||Major VC Path||Major IVC Path||Minor||Electives||Outside Courses|
|BUS-J 522 Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation|
|BUS-W 504 New Venture Business Planning|
|BUS-W 506 Entrepreneurship: Leadership & Practice|
|BUS-W 508 Social Entrepreneurship & Economic Development|
|BUS-W 510 Sustainability Experimental Course|
|BUS-W 511 Venture Strategy|
|BUS-W 574 Corporate Entrepreneurship & Innovation (W506 prerequisite)|
|BUS-D 595 International Management|
|BUS-J 501 Developing Strategic Capabilities|
|BUS-W 503 Creativity and Innovation: Generating New Venture Ideas|
|BUS-W 505 Power, Persuasion, Influence and Negotiation|
|BUS-W 516 Organizational Development and Change: The Change Agent|
|BUS-W 520 Turnaround Management|
|BUS-W 532 Organization Design Alternatives|
|BUS-W 578 Managing the Merger and Acquisition Process|
|BUS-Z 525 Organizational Behavior & Leadership|
|BUS-A 545 Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis & Valuation|
|BUS-F 509 Financial Analysis for Corporate Decisions|
|BUS-F 517 Venture Capital & Entrepreneurial Finance|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research|
|BUS-M 512 Marketing Strategy|
|BUS-M 513 Marketing Strategy Simulation|
|BUS-M 522 New Products Management|