Kelley Executive Certificate in the Business of Life Sciences (ECBLS)
Student Profile 2008-2014
- 127 students from 32 companies
- Pharmaceuticals, Disposable Medical Devices, Contract Research, Diagnostics, Animal Health, Biotech, Orthopedics, Distribution, and Healthcare Insurers
- Company size: industry leaders as well as start-ups and smaller firms
- Work experience: 2 to 30 years
- Joined the industry within the past 3 years: 15%
Students bring diverse life sciences experience to the program. While the majority hold technical roles in research and development, manufacturing, quality assurance, engineering and clinical/regulatory affairs, students have also come from IT, business development, marketing, medicine, human resources, and finance backgrounds. Three students have participated from offshore locations. Regardless of their background, the ECBLS program increases an individual's understanding of the business side of the life sciences.