As envisioned, the club has five main objectives:
1. Develop a national presence.
Participating in annual national MBA case competitions such as the McCombs Energy Finance Case Competition and the Ross Renewable Energy Case Competition.
2. Support Kelley MBAs pursuing a career in the energy industry.
Forming recruiting and funding partnerships with energy related companies in the oil and gas, clean tech, power utility, and transportation sectors. Provide an alumni network database for students conducting off-campus job searches.
3. Actively engender cross-departmental cooperation at the IU graduate school level.
This will include the Maurer School of Law, SPEA, and Geological Sciences achieving a campus-wide energy network influencing interdisciplinary learning on energy related topics as well as concentrating efforts to bring national recruiters on campus to recruit our membership.
4. Offer educational and social programming.
Technical, social, and economic programming directed toward increasing the knowledge base of the Kelley community, including bi-weekly learning sessions and guest speakers.
5. Offer student led consulting projects in the energy industry.
Partnership with the IU Office of Sustainability and other for-profit and not-for-profit energy associations in an effort to provide our membership an opportunity for real world experience.