Learn more about Social Impact:
- Aspen Institute, an international nonprofit organization dedicated to "fostering enlightened leadership, the appreciation of timeless ideas and values, and open-minded dialogue on contemporary issues."
- Ashoka: provides a comprehensive overview of social entrepreneurship.
- Break Away, a group that helps create and maintain alternative break programs.
- Clinton Global Initiative, founded by U.S. President Bill Clinton to bring together global leaders to solve some of the world’s biggest social issues.
- The Girl Effect, the Nike Foundation initiative to improve the lives of adolescent girls the world over.
- TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design): bringing together the world’s most exciting thinkers and doers
- New Profit: helps innovative social entrepreneurs and their organizations
- Kiva, a microfinance organization whose mission is “to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty.”
- Social Innovation Forum and Root Cause, a nonprofit research and consulting firm that partners with nonprofits, philanthropy, government, and business to advance solutions to today’s toughest social issues.
- 33 Needs, an organization that offers crowdfunding to companies with a social mission, and allows ordinary people the chance to invest, make a social impact, and earn financial rewards.
- Tegu Toys, founded by a Kelley alum, Tegu Toys is a social enterprise that creates wooden blocks in Honduras using sustainable practices.
- BetterWorldBooks, for-profit company with a social mission where every purchase you make helps increase literacy.
Job and Internship Resources
- Echoing Green: invests in and supports outstanding emerging social entrepreneurs
- Skoll Foundation: invests in, connects and celebrates social entrepreneurs and innovators
- Social Enterprise Library: collection of online social enterprise resources.
- CNN/Money List of World’s Most Admired Companies: Best & Worst in Social Responsibility
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine – 100 Best Corporate Citizens in 2011 list
- Global Reporting Initiative: produces a comprehensive sustainability reporting framework
- Fast Company: social capitalist awards site annually features world-changing companies and non-profits.
- Business Ethics Magazine Of Corporate Responsibility: 100 Best Corporate Citizens list.
- (Certified) B Corporation: over 200 for-profit organizations with a social and environmental mission, that meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards and institutionalize stakeholder interests.
- The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs: (ANDE) a global network of organizations that invest money and expertise to propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
Job & Internship Listings
- JustMeans: look for jobs, read blogs, learn about conferences and engage in social networking with people who create change
- CommonGood Careers: fee driven site offering wide array of services to job-seekers
- NetImpact: member only network committed to using business for social good
- BSR: Business of a Better World: networking community for CSR jobs
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship: job listings for positions related to social, environmental and economic well-being
- Social Venture Network: jobs for expanding practices that build a just and sustainable economy
- Ethical Performance: a specialist corporate responsibility, responsible investment & sustainability recruitment site listing global career opportunities in the private, public and NGO sectors
- Lifeworth Job Board: careers in responsible enterprise and finance
- Sustainable and Responsible Investment: socially responsible investing jobs board
- Green Dream Jobs: environmental and sustainable jobs
- Opportunity Knocks: national online job site that helps further nonprofit careers
- Idealist: multiple job and internship listings for the social impact sector
- DotOrgJobs.com: lists nonprofit jobs
- Careers in Nonprofits: finds the most qualified and passionate candidates who meet the requirements and share the mission of their nonprofit clients.
- Chronicle on Philanthropy: jobs in the nonprofit sector
- Venture for America: program for young, talented grads to spend 2 years in a start-up
- StartingBloc Institute for Social Innovation: one day conferences where Fellows learn about corporate responsibility, social entrepreneurship, cross sector partnerships and sustainability.
- Social Enterprise Alliance: leading membership organization in North America for social enterprises, service providers, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and venture capitalists.
- Social Venture Network: connects, supports and inspires business leaders and social entrepreneurs in expanding practices that build a just and sustainable economy.
- UN Global Compact: a strategic policy initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
- Ashoka U: prepares the next generation of leaders to effectively address the world’s daunting social and environmental challenges though social entrepreneurship education.
LinkedIn Groups about Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Enterprise Alliance
- Taproot Foundation
- Business Prof for Nonprofit
- L3C Connect
- Beyond Profit
- Social Business and For Benefit Corporations
- B Corps
- Green Biz
- Net Impact
Twitter Pages and Conversations about Social Entrepreneurship