Foundation for Sustainable Development
KISI partners with the Foundation for Sustainable Development, an organization specializing in international development, to create opportunities for Kelley students to intern in non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community development groups all over the world.
The FSD internships offer an intense and immersive program for students and young professionals looking to gain international development experience and training while implementing business skills to create a positive impact. The internships include an on-site orientation, development training, grant writing, and ultimately project implementation to ensure that the work makes a lasting impact on you and the community you serve.
- Are nine weeks in duration
- Give students real-world experience partnering with people on-location to alleviate poverty and generally improve living conditions
- Take place in Argentina, Bolivia, India, Nicaragua, and Uganda
On their return, students are expected to share their experiences with their fellow students.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be an admitted Kelley undergraduate student
- Have completed at least two four semesters of college by the time of the internship
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
For students accepted to the internship program, KISI will cover the cost of the FSD program fee (which includes housing and food, in-country support, project seed grant, and limited international health insurance). The student is responsible for airfare, immunizations/medical preparations, visa (if required), and personal spending money.
How to Apply
The deadline for all locations is Sunday, January 4 at 11:59 p.m.
The application includes several short-response prompts. Please be thoughtful, sincere, and succinct in your responses.
Have questions? Please contact Jessica Zerrer (Assistant Director, Kelley International Programs) at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit HH3038.