- Clinical Associate Professor in Operations and Decision Technologies
- Director, Information Mangement Affiliates
- DBA, Cranfield University School of Management (U.K.)
- MBA, Ashland University
- BS, Indiana University
- Partner, Infosys Consulting, Inc.
- Vice President, EDS
- Partner Deloitte Consulting
- Manager, The Timken Company
- Adjunct Faculty, College of Business, University of Akron
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- MSIS Outstanding Faculty 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award 2009
- CPIM, Certified in Production & Inventory Management
- SAP Certified in Materials Management and Production Planning
IS leadership and the role of the CIO, IT organizational effectiveness, IT investment benefits realization, management consulting
Swimming, hiking, history and travel
- New CIO socialization
- IT Outsourcing and Social Capital
- MBA IT Education
Ramesh, V. & Gerth, A. (2015), "Designing an MSIS Core Curriculum: A Case Study," Communications of the Association for Information Systems.
Gerth, A. and Peppard, J. (2014) “How Newly Appointed CIOs Take Charge,” MIS Quarterly Executive, 13:3.
Gerth, A. and Peppard, J. (2013) “How Newly Appointed CIOs Take Charge: The Critical First Two Years”, Proceedings of America’s Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Chicago.
Gerth, A. (2012), “CIO Leadership: The Critical First Two Years”, Presentation, SIMposium International Conference, Dallas, TX, October.
- Gerth, Anthony B. (2011), "How to Develop Business Focused Development Plans for IT Professionals," International Conference on IT Management, Las Vegas, NV, February.
Gerth, Anthony B. (2010), "How Newly Appointed CIOs Take Charge," International Engaged Scholarship Conference, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, June.
Gerth, A. and S. Rothman (2007), "The Future IS Organization in a Flat World," Information Systems Management, Vol. 24, pp. 103-111.
Gerth, A. (2007) “Process Harmonization: A CEO’s Dream”, Panel Moderator, SAP SAPPHIRE Conference, Vienna, Austria May 2007
Gerth, A. (2005), "Getting Value from Your IT Service Provider," Gartner Outsourcing Conference, Los Angeles, CA, April.
Gerth, A. (2002), "The Value of Business Integration," International Tandem User Group (ITUG) International Conference, San Jose, CA, October.