The Kelley School’s Institute for Global Organizational Effectiveness is the latest example of efforts at Indiana University and the Kelley School to expand its global education and impact. The Institute was founded in 2010 through a private gift of $4.8MM coordinated by GEO Global Foundation. Its mission is to enhance the global effectiveness of organizations by augmenting their human capital—with a special emphasis on Latin America.
Through a combination of Teaching, Research and Outreach Initiatives the Institute will greatly increase the Kelley School’s activities in Central and South America, where the potential for economic expansion mirrors what is taking place in other emerging markets around the world. Some initiatives and activities already underway include:
- Global fellowships for up to eight new MBA students annually, who will receive a two-year $25,000 annual stipend. They will be involved in research and consulting projects that not only will benefit partnering Latin American companies, but also will support research by Kelley doctoral students. About 55 such fellowships will be awarded by 2019.
- Similar global fellowships for PhD students consisting of a $25,000 annual stipend on top of their full tuition fee waiver during the five-year program. Eight such doctoral fellowships will be awarded by 2019. The Institute will enable the Kelley School to match what is offered to qualified candidates at other top business doctoral programs, including Harvard and Stanford Universities.
- Research studies based in part on data provided by MBA consulting projects that will result in new "actionable knowledge" on Latin America that will be presented at major conferences and published. The companies also benefiting from the research will provide additional financial support and offer employment opportunities to MBAs.
- Outreach that will lead to synergistic relationships with companies across Latin America, so they inform and support the Institute's teaching and research efforts, while also gain knowledge about how to best augment their own human capital.
- The Institute's central role, serving as a hub for current and former Kelley MBAs throughout Latin America to network, as well as a conduit for firms that need professional development for their employees. The School’s comprehensive Executive Education offerings include customized education and online degree programs.
The Institute fosters a unique collaboration of top students, faculty, alumni, and highly-selected organizations working hand-in-hand—and the result: development of specialized, diverse talent that can meet the market demand, and creation of new knowledge that will advance global business.