Alfonso J. Pedraza-Martinez
alpedraz [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Management, INSEAD, 2011
- MS, Management, INSEAD, 2009
- MS, Economics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2004
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Universidad de los Andes, 1998
- Research Fellow, INSEAD, France, 2011
- Instructor, Research Assistant, Universidad de los Andes School of Management, 2003-2006
- Humanitarian Logistician, Office of the Mayor, Bogota, 1999-2003
- Administrative Assistant, Ministry of Environment-SENA-SECAB, 1998-1999
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best Paper Award - "Global Vehicle Supply Chain Management in Humanitarian Operations" - Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management Track, POMS. 2014.
- Best Paper Award - "Decentralization and Earmarked Funding in Humanitarian Logistics for Relief and Development" - Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management Track, POMS. 2012
- Best PhD Proposal Award -"Last Mile Vehicle Fleet Management in Humanitarian Operations"- College of Sustainable Operations, POMS, 2010
- Best Paper Award - "Vehicle Replacement in the International Committee of the Red Cross" - Ninth Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference, London Business School, 2009
Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management, Sustainability, Operations Management in Emerging Markets, Global Supply Chains
- Fleet Management Coordination in Decentralized Humanitarian Operations (with S. Hasija and L.N. Van Wassenhove). Working Paper.
- Humanitarian Funding in a Multi-Donor Market with Donation Uncertainty (with A. Aflaki). Working Paper.
- Temporary Hubs for the Global Vehicle Supply Chain in Humanitarian Operations, previously "Global Vehicle Supply Chain Management in Humanitarian Operations" (with J. Stauffer and L.N. Van Wassenhove). Working Paper.
- Effect of Armed Conflicts on the Productivity and Efficiency of Rural Hospitals (with A.F. Jola and Kurt Bretthauer).
- Funding Strategy Based Competition in Humanitarian Operations (with A. Aflaki).
- Logistics and Distribution for Disaster Response at the Colombian Red Cross (with J.C. Solano-Flecher and F. Torres).
- Inter-temporal Monitoring of Aid and Infrastructure Investments in Development Operations (with G. Aydin and T. Kotsi).
- Volunteer Management in Charity Storehouses (with M. Besiou).
- Social Media and Disaster Management (with L. Yang).
Besiou, Maria, Alfonso J. Pedraza-Martinez and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2014), "Vehicle Supply Chains in Humanitarian Operations: Decentralization, Operational Mix and Earmarked Funding," Production and Operations Management, Volume 23, Issue 11 (November), pages 1950–1965.Read Abstract ››
Pedraza-Martinez, Alfonso J., Orla Stapleton, Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "On the Use of Evidence in Humanitarian Logistics Research", Disasters, 37 (1), pp. 51-67.Read Abstract ››
Pedraza-Martinez, Alfonso. J. and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "Vehicle Replacement in the International Committee of the Red Cross," Production and Operations Management, 22 (2), pp. 365-376. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza Martinez, Alfonso J., Orla Stapleton, and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2011), "Field Vehicle Fleet Management in Humanitarian Operations: A Case-based Approach," Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29, No. 5, July, pp. 404-421. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza Martinez, A. J., L. N. Van Wassenhove, C. Estrada Mejia, and O. Stapleton (2009), "The Armenia Earthquake: Grinding Out an Effective Disaster Response in Colombia’s Coffee Region," Case 09/2009-5610, ECCH, CCMP.