stefanei [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 364
- Assistant Professor of Finance
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Netspar Research Grant 2010 (Network for studies on pensions, aging and retirement)
- Research Grant from the Rotman International Centre for Pension Management (ICPM), University of Toronto. Joint with Joshua Rauh, 2007-2009
- WRDS Award for the Best Paper, Frank Batten Young Scholars Conference, 2006
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Dissertation Research Fellowship 2005–2006
- The Fred J. Holly Memorial Fellowship, University of Tennessee, 1998 – 2000
Corporate Finance, Capital Structure, Taxes, Pension Plans, Valuation, Financial Reporting
- Stefanescu, Irina, Eitan Goldman, and Urs Peyer (2012), "The impact of fraudulent earnings manipulations on industry rivals," Financial Management, forthcoming.
- Shivdasani, Anil and Irina Stefanescu (2010), "How do pensions affect corporate capital structure decisions?," Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 23, No. 3, March, pp. 1287-1323.
- Rauh, Joshua and Irina Stefanescu (2009), "Why are firms in the United States Abandoning Defined Benefit Plans," Rotman International Journal of Pension Management, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 18-25.