Digital Marketing and Social Media Certificate Program
The Digital Marketing and Social Media Certificate Program is a comprehensive overview of how to design and implement effective marketing strategies. Such strategies enable firms to achieve growth within the markets they operate. Our approach will focus on identifying how to create value for specific market segments and how to implement this value. In creating value, the firm will need to understand the sources of competitive advantages that draw on the capabilities of the firm to solve specific customer problems. In implementing value-delivery, the firm has to leverage a brand’s equity to create a value proposition for their chosen target segments. The key to this implementation is the design of a communication program that will reach the target segments with relevant messages. In addition to mainstream advertising communications, this certificate will also include a course in the burgeoning area of digital marketing, especially social media. Therefore, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Certificate Program courses are a blend of best practice tools and frameworks coupled with innovative ideas.
Who should apply?
This certificate is geared towards entry to middle level management.
Program Structure and Delivery
The program will be delivered in a blended format with video conferencing and web-based learning.
- The program consists of four courses, taught sequentially
- Duration of each course is 12 weeks
Certificate Credits - 12 Credit Hours
- The DMSM certificate will be issued by Indiana University
- Up to 12 credits could be transferred to the KSB Executive MBA (subject to admission requirements).
1. Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing is more than having a company website. To make the most of the web, today’s marketer needs an understanding of Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, email marketing, conversion tracking, online ad placement and tracking, web analytics, and many other necessary topics. This course will offer learners an overview of the most important topics related to connecting a company’s digital presence to its bottom line.
2. Social Media Marketing and Research
- Social media offers marketers unprecedented opportunities to engage and track consumers. Marketers need to understand the fundamentals of social marketing including attracting and conversing with consumers, identifying influencers, the relationship between owned and earned social media, and creating strategies that calculate the ROI all on their own. Whether using Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or any number of emerging social tools, these critical skills will help ensure that the investment is justified by the return. Students will read about the functional theories related to social media including network theory, game theory, and collective intelligence and will then engage in experiencing these theories in action first hand.
3. Advertising Strategy
- This course offers an overview of advertising strategy and execution utilizing both classic and contemporary advertising. This course hones critical thinking skills related to planning and executing advertising strategy in the larger context of overall firm marketing strategy. The course unfolds in the form of stages of an advertising campaign with a progression of selecting a target for advertising, developing a consumer insight, formulating an effective brand position, executing a strategy, and evaluating the ad campaign’s effectiveness. At each stage, questions faced by brand managers, advertisers, and marketers are addressed.
4. Digital Analytics
- One of the biggest trends in business is the availability of big data. In the digital space, data availability from websites, social media, and mobile platforms is transforming marketing practice. This course will expose students to the type of data that is available, and help them understand and use relevant analysis techniques to gain insights. This course deals with an important set of learning outcomes that are important to any company engaged in digital commerce. The goal is to improve the practice of marketing via rigorous analysis of data that improves managerial decisions.