- Doctoral Candidate
- Associate Instructor
- MS, Information Management, University of Washington, Seattle, USA, 2010
- BEng, Information Technology, University of Mumbai, India, 2008
- Research Associate, Annie Searle and Associates LLC, Seattle, 2009-2010
- Teaching Assistant, Physics Department, University of Washington, Seattle, 2008-2010
- Web Developer, Information School, University of Washington, Seattle, 2009
- Software Engineer, Aftek Limited, India, 2008
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Doctoral Consortium, 20th Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2014
- OCIS Doctoral Consortium, 74th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2014
- William Panschar Award for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence, 2012-2013
- Best Paper Award under the Collaboration Systems and Technology Track at the 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2012
- Best Paper Nomination under the Collaboration Systems and Technology Track at the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2013
- Best Paper Nomination under the Accounting IS and ERP Track, 22nd Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS), 2011
- University of Mumbai President's Silver Medal for performance during undergraduate degree, 2008
- National Talent Search Scholarship awarded by the Government of India, 2002-2008.
3-D Virtual Worlds, Virtual Collaboration, Team Collaboration, IT adoption and implementation, IT Agility and Alignment, Policy Informatics
Photography, Indian Classical Music, Badminton, Swimming, Chess
- Creative Virtual Environments: Effect of Supraliminal Priming on Team Brainstorming, co-authors Anne Massey and Alan R. Dennis (Preparing for submission).
- Technology Use and Employee Job Outcomes: A Comprehensive Nomological Network of Employees’ Reaction to Technology Implementation in Organizations, co-author Hillol Bala (Preparing for submission).
- Untold Stories of ERP Systems Implementation: Role of Ownership and Governance, Scope Management, and Employee Empowerment, co-authors Hillol Bala and Mobashar Hossain (Preparing for submission).
- Collaborative Research: Attention, (re)action, and perception: Measuring presence in collaborative virtual environments, with Anne Massey (PI) (Data Collection)
- Effect of business process complexity on team characteristics and work performance, with Hillol Bala and Jordan Barlow (Data Collection)
Akshay Bhagwatwar is a PhD Candidate in Information Systems and an Associate Instructor in the Operations and Decision Technologies Department at the Kelley School of Business. Prior to joining the Doctoral Program at Indiana University, Akshay received his MS in Information Management from the Information School at University of Washington in 2010. During the course of the Masters program, he worked as a Teaching Assistant in the Physics Department at the University of Washington. Akshay completed his Bachelor of Engineering degree with a major in Information Technology from the University of Mumbai, India in 2008. Akshay has publication in various journals including Journal of Information Systems Management, Public Administration Review, Information Systems Management Journal, and in top Information Systems Conferences such as the Hawaii International Conference in Systems Sciences and the Americas Conference in Information Systems.
Krishnamurthy, R., Desouza, K.C., Johnson, E., and Bhagwatwar, A. (2013), "A Glimpse into Policy Informatics: The Case of Participatory Platforms that Generate Synthetic Empathy," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (Special Issue on Emerging Topics in IS), volume 33, article 21.Read Abstract ››
Desouza, K.C., and A. Bhagwatwar, (2012), "Leveraging Technologies in Public Agencies: The Case of the US Census Bureau and the 2010 Census," Public Administration Review, 72(4), 605-614. Read Abstract ››
Desouza, K.C., and Bhagwatwar, A. (2012), "Opening up Information for Tackling Complex Urban Problems: A Study of Citizen Apps," Journal of Urban Technology, 19(3), 107-136.Read Abstract ››
Bhagwatwar, A., Hackney, R. & Desouza, K. C. (2011). Considerations for Information Systems “Backsourcing”: A Framework for Knowledge Re-integration. Information Systems Management, 28(2), 165-173. Read Abstract ››
Atesci, K., A. Bhagwatwar, T. Deo, K. Desouza,P. Baloh, (2010). Business Process Outsourcing : A Case Study of Satyam Computers. International Journal of Information Management, 30(3), 277-282 Read Abstract ››