David B. Audretsch
daudrets [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Adjunct Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, Kelley School of Business
- Distinguished Professor, Ameritech Chair of Economic Development
- Director, Institute for Development Strategies
- Director, SPEA Overseas Education Program
- Ph.D, University of Wisconsin, 1980
- M.S., University of Wisconsin, 1979
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude), Drew University, 1976
- Visiting Professor, King Saud University, Graduate Studies and Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, January 1, 2010 – present
- Honorary Professor of Industrial Economics and Entrepreneurship, Economics Group, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany, July 1, 2009 – present
- Director, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group Max Planck Institute of Economics, October 2003 - August 2009
- Kauffman Scholar in Residence, Marion Ewing Kauffman Foundation, 2006 - 2008
- Director, West European Studies, Indiana University, 2001 - 2004
- Professor of Economics, Georgia State University, 1996 - 1997
- Visiting Research Professor, Tinbergen Institute, The Netherlands, 1997
- Acting Director, Wissesnchaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung, 1989-1991
- Research Professor, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung, 1985-1997
- Assistant Professor, Middlebury College, 1980 - August 1987
Economic policy, entrepreneurship, innovation, globalization, regional economic policy, industrial restructuring and government policy, small enterprises in Europe and the United States
Jazz Music and hiking
Audretsch, David B. and Al Link (2012), "Valuing the Entrepreneurial Enterprise," Oxford University Press.
Aldridge, T. Taylor and Audretsch, David (2011),“The Bayh-Dole Act and Scientist Entrepreneurship,” Research Policy, Vol. 40, Issue 8, October.
Grichnik, Dietmar, Michl, Theresa, Sprrle, Matthias, Welpe, Isabell M. and Audretsch, David (2011), “I Think It’s Good but I’m Also Afraid: The Interplay of Opportunity Evaluation and Emotions as Antecedent of Entrepreneurial Exploitation,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 36, No. 9.
Wiklund, Johan, Davidsson, Per, Audretsch, David and Karlsson, Charlie (2011), “The Future of Entrepreneurship Research,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 35, Issue 1, pages 1-9.
Agarwal, Rajshree, Audretsch, David and Sarkar, Mitrabarun (2010), “Knowledge Spillovers and Strategic Entrepreneurship,” Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Vol. 4, No. 4, December, 271-283.