Patricia P. McDougall-Covin
- Director, Institute for International Business
- William L. Haeberle Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Professor of Strategic Management
- PhD, University of South Carolina, 1987
- MEd, University of South Carolina
- BS, University of South Carolina
- Associate Dean of Faculty and Research, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, (2006-2009)
- Chair, Management Department, Kelley School of Business, (2000-2003)
- Interim Associate Dean of Academics, Kelley School of Business, (2004-2005)
- Editor, Entrepreneurship & Management Journal, Social Science Research Network (SSRN), 2009-present
- Vice President-Program, Academy of International Business (2012-2014)
- Chair, Academy of Management-Entrepreneurship Division, (1996-1997)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Professor of Management, (1991-1999)
- Georgia State University , Assistant Professor of Management, (1986-1991)
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- TERA Teaching Award
- KSB 2001 Full Professor Research Excellence Award
- 21st Century Entrepreneurship Research Fellow
- JIBS 2004 Decade Award for most Influential paper in international business for the past decade
Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, International Business
Gardening, Fly-Fishing, Reading Murder Mysteries
- Selected Executive Programs, The Coca-Cola Company, Kimball International, BAA, Boston Scientific, Lockheed Martin Executive Program, BellSouth, Scientific Atlanta, Delta Airlines, Carter Presidential Center, Eli Lilly, Firestone
- Current or Past Editorial Boards: Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, International Journal of Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Journal of International Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Change, and Production and Operations Management
Patel, Pankaj C., Stephanie Fernhaber, Patricia McDougall-Covin, and Robert van der Have (2014), “Beating Competitors to International Markets: The Value of Geographically Balanced Networks for Innovation,"Strategic Management Journal, (35)5: 691–711.
Coviello, Nicole E., Patricia P. McDougall, and Benjamin M. Oviatt (2011), “The Emergence, Advance and Future of International Entrepreneurship Research—An Introduction to the Special Forum,” Journal of Business Venturing, 26, pp. 625-631.
Fernhaber, Stephanie A., Patricia P. McDougall-Covin, and Dean Shepherd (2009), “International Entrepreneurship: Leveraging Internal and External Knowledge Sources,” Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Vol. 3, pp. 297-320.
Fernhaber, Stephanie A. and Patricia P. McDougall-Covin (2009), “Venture Capitalists as Catalysts to New Venture Internationalization: The Impact of their Knowledge and Reputation Resources,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 33, No. 1, January, pp. 277-295.
- Gilbert, Brett Anitra, Patricia P. McDougall, and David B. Audretsch (2008), “Clusters, Knowledge Spillovers and new Venture Performance: An Empirical Examination,” Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 405-422.
Fernhaber, Stephanie A., Brett Anitra Gilbert, and Patricia P. McDougall (2008), “International Entrepreneurship and Geographic Location: An Empirical Examination of New Venture Internationalization,” Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 39, pp. 267-290.
Fernhaber, Stephanie A., Patricia P. McDougall, and Benjamin M. Oviatt (2007), “Exploring the Role of Industry Structure in New Venture Internationalization,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 31, pp. 517-542.
Gilbert, Brett A., Patricia P. McDougall, and David B. Audretsch (2006), “New Venture Growth: A Review and Extension,” Journal of Management, Vol. 32, pp. 926-950.
McDougall, Patricia P. and Benjamin M. Oviatt (2005), “Defining International Entrepreneurship and Modeling the Speed of Internationalization,” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 537-554.
Oviatt, Benjamin M. and Patricia P. McDougall (2005), “The Internationalization of Entrepreneurship,” Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 2-8.