Charles B. Ragland
- Executive Director of the Center for Global Sales Leadership
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing
- D.B.A., Kennesaw State University, 2012
- M.B.A., Case Western Reserve University, 1992
- B.S.B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1979
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing, Indiana University, 2014-present
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Toledo, 2012-2014
- Lecturer, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2006-2012
- Adjunct, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2004, 2005
- President, The Ragland Group, 2000-present
- General Manager, SI Corp., 1998-2000
- Marketing Manager, SI Corp., 1997-1998
- Manager, Market Development, AlliedSignal Plastics, 1996-1997
- Vice President Sales & Marketing, Pro Corp., 1994-1995
- Business Manager Molding, The Geon Company, 1990-1994
- Field Market Development, BF Goodrich, Geon Vinyl Division, 1988-1990
- Field Market Development, GE Plastics, 1984-1987
- Senior Sales Representative, GLS Plastics, 1983-1984
- Account Executive, ATT&T (Bell South & American Bell), 1982-1983
- Sales/Market Development, Owens-Corning Fiberglass, 1979-1982
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Associate Graduate Faculty, University of Toledo, 2013
- Honors Graduate, Coles College of Business, Kennesaw State University, 2012
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Coles College of Business, Kennesaw State University, 201
- Outstanding Senior (Marketing) – Favorite Teacher, UTC College of Business, 2011 - 2012
- Outstanding Senior (Marketing) – Favorite Teacher, UTC College of Business, 2010 - 2011
- Doctoral Fellow, National Conference in Sales Management, 2011
- Best Paper, Association for Marketing and Health Care Research, February 2010
- Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Society of Marketing Advances, 2009
Managerial topics in sales and marketing with an emphasis in international sales management, B2B marketing, and strategy
Skiing, tennis, hiking, college sports, concerts, and travel
Charlie Ragland is Executive Director of the Center for Global Sales Leadership and Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University in Bloomington. Professor Ragland earned his Doctorate of Business Administration from Kennesaw State University, his MBA from Case Western Reserve and his Bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina. Prior to joining Kelley, Charlie was an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the Marketing & International Business Department of the Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales at the University of Toledo. He has taught a wide variety of courses, including Professional Sales, Sales Management, Business-to-Business Marketing, and International Marketing, earning high ratings and several teaching awards. His research interests are in the areas of international sales management, B2B marketing, and strategy. He has published or has forthcoming several articles on high performance sales managers and on corporate social responsibility. He has also taken leadership roles in several sales educator organizations, such as the Academy of Marketing Science, the National Conference in Sales Management, and the Global Sales Science Institute. Prior to receiving his doctorate, Charlie worked in sales and sales leadership positions for several different firms, including Owens-Corning, AT&T, GE, BF Goodrich, and Allied Signal. He has a global perspective with international experience in Asia (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia) and Europe.
Ragland, C. B., L. Brouthers, and S. Widmier (2015), "Institutional Theory and International Market Selection for Direct Selling," forthcoming, Marketing Intelligence & Planning.
Rodriguez, M., C. B. Ragland, E. Honeycutt (2015), "Entertainment Orientation and Teaching Entertaining Strategies in Professional Sales Education and Training," forthcoming, Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing.
Ragland, C. B., S. Widmier, and L. Brouthers (2015), "A Factor Endowment Approach to International Market Selection for the Direct Selling Industry," forthcoming, Journal of Strategic Marketing.
Longenecker, C., C. B. Ragland, and M. Mallin (2014), "Developing High Performance Sales Managers: Key Practices for Accelerationg Growth," Development and Learning in Organizations, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 10-13.
Longenecker, C., M. Mallin, and C. B. Ragland (2014), "The Sales Manager Development Gap: Are Leaders Equipped to "Walk the Walk?" forthcoming, Journal of Selling & Major Account Management.
Mallin, M., C. B. Ragland, and T. Finkle (2014), "The Proactive Behavior of Younger Salespeople: Antecedents and Outcomes," forthcoming, Journal of Marketing Channels.
Nicholls, J., J. F. Hair, C. B. Ragland and K. Schimmel (2013), "Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Sustainability in AACSB Undergraduate and Graduate Marketing Curricula: A Benchmark Study," Journal of Marketing Education, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 180-185