- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- PhD, Indiana University, 2005
- MBS, Indiana University, 2003
- BS, University of Akron, 1997
- Certified Public Accountant, Ohio
- Assistant Professor, University of Georgia
- State and Local Tax Consultant, Arthur Andersen, Cleveland, OH
Financial Accounting, Market Analysis
Wieland, M., M. Dawkins, and M. Dugan (2013), "The Differential Value Relevance of S&P’s Core Earnings Versus GAAP Earnings: The Role of Stock Option Expense," Journal of Business, Finance, & Accounting, forthcoming.
Wahlen, J., and M. Wieland (2011), "Can Financial Statement Analysis Beat Consensus Analysts’ Recommendations?" Review of Accounting Studies, March.
Wieland, M. (2011), "Identifying Consensus Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts that Correctly and Incorrectly Predict an Earnings Increase," Journal of Business, Finance, & Accounting, June/July.
Baginski, S., J. Hassell, and M. Wieland (2011), "Does Management Earnings Forecast Form Matter?" Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting, July.
Nichols, D.C., J. Wahlen, and M. Wieland (2009), "Publicly-Traded versus Privately-Held: Implications for Conditional Conservatism in Bank Accounting," Review of Accounting Studies, March.